Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D.A.W. Behavioral Issues
Hi All,

Not sure if there's a general topic for such, so I thought I'd attempt to create a thread we can all ask/answer/make issues known by way of.

For me, I am having an issue while recently connecting my NDLR to Logic Pro X, where it no longer allows any other hardware to engage Logics Cycle mode. 

Anyone else experience this, or know a fix?
Cycle mode randomly fixed itself after several restarts and resetting NDLR to factory....

NEW ISSUE., hopefully I get some sort of responses =(

I am having a problem getting the NDLR to start on the 1. Instead, it always seems to start wherever the device last part of a phrase was paused/or what have you.

The things I have attempted:
In Logic Pro:
Destination ports all enabled for clocking/PDC/MTC/MMC
MMC uses OLD Fostex
Send Instrument Settings on Reset
Auto demix selected/unselected

NDLR:
MOT-1 Clour 'on'
MOt-2 USBClk 1

Is there something I am missing to the NDLR to start and stop on the first note, instead of mid-phrase?

Thanks for any help, and hope it's clear what I am after here
(03-22-2021, 11:36 AM)TvMcC Wrote: Is there something I am missing to the NDLR to start and stop on the first note, instead of mid-phrase?

Try turning Pad Qnt = None in page 3 of settings.

In Drone/Trigger settings try setting to 5 yellow dots + 4 empty yellow squares

I know by having these settings, you can play from the front panel with zero lag, so may be the same when triggered  by notes externally.
(03-22-2021, 06:44 PM)MKS30 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 11:36 AM)TvMcC Wrote: Is there something I am missing to the NDLR to start and stop on the first note, instead of mid-phrase?

Try turning Pad Qnt = None in page 3 of settings.

In Drone/Trigger settings try setting to 5 yellow dots + 4 empty yellow squares

I know by having these settings, you can play from the front panel with zero lag, so may be the same when triggered  by notes externally.
Thanks that worked like a charm!!
As of late, when I plug the NDLR up to the digital world, it seems to randomly adjust the parameters of a selected track.

Anyone else experiences this, and know a fix? Can attempt to doa. screenshot/video if needed.
(03-26-2021, 05:06 AM)TvMcC Wrote: As of late, when I plug the NDLR up to the digital world, it seems to randomly adjust the parameters of a selected track.

Anyone else experiences this, and know a fix? Can attempt to doa. screenshot/video if needed.

Figured out the solution to this, and in case it helps anyone (not sure if it is similar on windows). 

NDLR seemed to be calling all functions in logic, and needed pickup mode disabled in Preferences -> midi, as well as for when all parameters fit to one page disabled.

Came to edit, as my fix seems to only be temporary. Have to do it every time the d.a.w. is start/stopped =(
(03-29-2021, 10:31 PM)TvMcC Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 05:06 AM)TvMcC Wrote: As of late, when I plug the NDLR up to the digital world, it seems to randomly adjust the parameters of a selected track.

Figured out the solution to this, and in case it helps anyone (not sure if it is similar on windows). 

NDLR seemed to be calling all functions in logic, and needed pickup mode disabled in Preferences -> midi, as well as for when all parameters fit to one page disabled.

Came to edit, as my fix seems to only be temporary. Have to do it every time the d.a.w. is start/stopped =(

Hey, I'm not a mac/logic user, can you help me understand what you mean by calling all functions in logic as well as what pick up mode is and why disabling helped? If I can wrap my head around whats actually happening it would help me figure out if we have an easy course of action to solve the issue. 
Jesse

It sounds like the MIDI CCs being sent to Logic are being interpreted as keyboard shortcuts, is that the correct takeaway here?

Looks like you are going to want to go to input filters and block incoming MIDI CC info. Here is a link to the Apple support page that deals with this:
https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro...83d564/mac
Jesse
(03-29-2021, 10:58 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 10:31 PM)TvMcC Wrote:

Hey, I'm not a mac/logic user, can you help me understand what you mean by calling all functions in logic as well as what pick up mode is and why disabling helped? If I can wrap my head around whats actually happening it would help me figure out if we have an easy course of action to solve the issue. 
Jesse

It sounds like the MIDI CCs being sent to Logic are being interpreted as keyboard shortcuts, is that the correct takeaway here?

Looks like you are going to want to go to input filters and block incoming MIDI CC info. Here is a link to the Apple support page that deals with this:
https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro...83d564/mac
Jesse

Calling all functions on any given channel parameters vst-i/external syn to modular or synths. The NDLR appears to call to a random parameter, and randomly move it. 

As for MIDI CCs being sent as shortcuts, I don't see any key commands get created in key command window, midi events that signal a MIDI CC being sent from NDLR to the midi events window. 

Thanks for that link, and yeah I guess I could've mentioned I've tried working with project settings inputs, as well as preferences sync, reset, and ensured the inputs are set in the preferences, also deselecting "Only when all parameters fir one page" in Control Surfaces the issue stops. 

I Will try to keep this updated if I figure anything else out, and in case someone else has these problems.
As promised I am back with more news to report:

So NDLR seems to function fine, as long as I don't use Logic Pro X! haha.

It appears as if the problem with the random parameter changing is based on something in logic that calls for MIDI CC when more than 8 (in my case being defined) parameters appear on the screen.

The only workaround I've found thus far is to go into Preferences -> Control Surfaces, scroll down to the option that says something like disabling when more than # of parameters appear.

Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem and offers the team some thoughts as to how to fix this in the next firmware update!

Thanks all