Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOme notes after my meeting with Jesse
Hi! Sorry I'm a bit late with this. As Jesse was walking me through the operation of the MRCC I had a few ideas/insights:

1 - In the preset page, it seems you select a number FIRST, then choose if saving or loading. I suggest a list of saved presets and empty memory locations appears first, so one can choose more easily which one they want to load, write or overwrite, with full info of what's already in there. Once the preset is selected then the options to LOAD it or OVERWRITE it would appear. In the case of empty slots it would be simply WRITE and a confirmation would not be required since there's no risk of erasing anything important. Also a provision for NAMING the presets would be invaluable, and the option to save them to a computer for backup would be nice.

2 - The LED light show is unbelievably bright. It would be nice if it was scaled based on the LED brightness setting, so if one chooses the lowest LED brightness the lightshow would also reflect that choice.

3 - This one is a little cryptic, I don't quite remember what I meant, maybe Jesse remembers? My note says ¨Shift preview port names check¨

That's it for now! I've just set mine up today with all my sources and destinations plugged in so I can give it a proper run for it's money, will be reporting back any issues, bugs, ideas, etc...
Cheers!
Quincas
(03-07-2021, 11:34 AM)Quincas Wrote: Hi! Sorry I'm a bit late with this. As Jesse was walking me through the operation of the MRCC I had a few ideas/insights:

1 - In the preset page, it seems you select a number FIRST, then choose if saving or loading. I suggest a list of saved presets and empty memory locations appears first, so one can choose more easily which one they want to load, write or overwrite, with full info of what's already in there. Once the preset is selected then the options to LOAD it or OVERWRITE it would appear. In the case of empty slots it would be simply WRITE and a confirmation would not be required since there's no risk of erasing anything important. Also a provision for NAMING the presets would be invaluable, and the option to save them to a computer for backup would be nice.

2 - The LED light show is unbelievably bright. It would be nice if it was scaled based on the LED brightness setting, so if one chooses the lowest LED brightness the lightshow would also reflect that choice.

3 - This one is a little cryptic, I don't quite remember what I meant, maybe Jesse remembers? My note says ¨Shift preview port names check¨

That's it for now! I've just set mine up today with all my sources and destinations plugged in so I can give it a proper run for it's money, will be reporting back any issues, bugs, ideas, etc...
Cheers!
Quincas

I feel like I know this Quincas...

Anyway, I want to stop by and say I fully agree with points 1 and 2.

When my unit first turned on it blasted me with light. It seemed way too bright. Not so much an issue when the unit is just running - but yes, it would be nice to change the brightness.
(03-09-2021, 08:04 PM)acemonvw Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 11:34 AM)Quincas Wrote: Hi! Sorry I'm a bit late with this. As Jesse was walking me through the operation of the MRCC I had a few ideas/insights:

Cheers!
Quincas

I feel like I know this Quincas...

Anyway, I want to stop by and say I fully agree with points 1 and 2.

When my unit first turned on it blasted me with light. It seemed way too bright. Not so much an issue when the unit is just running - but yes, it would be nice to change the brightness.

Steve addressed the way save and load works and color coordinated them in the new FW(red for no data green for data present) rather than revamp the entire process. Let me know if that makes things better or worse.

I haven't passed number 2 on yet, slipped my mind, but I'll ask now if we can sort that out.

As for 3 I figured it out. So we were looking at the label system, and how you were supposed to press shift + port routing destination to see the port name of the destination without toggling a routing to that port.

We weren't able to make that work in the Activity page, and I found out that function only happens on the routing page. When you select a Source port, it shows the name briefly at the top of the routing screen in the routing banner, then it shows the port numbers, but if you press a port destination it just forms a routing, by pressing [SHIFT+destination port button] it will show the Port Label and leave the routing unchanged.

Again this is only on the Routing page currently, and only for labeled ports, otherwise it briefly says "none" where the label would be. 

Thanks for the follow up, this is  exactly what I needed!
Jesse