Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC slaving to a master input device?
I was talking to Jesse today, and the idea came up for me on whether or not the MRCC could slave to one of the input channels as a master clock?  Then the clock out would be more useful for say, a pocket operator.  Maybe this is already possible and I didn't convey it correctly to him?
Its on the to-do list, we'll have to see how to best implement it. We do that on The NDLR, by using the tics from the external MIDI clock as if they were generated locally. Its very accurate, but the downside is The NDLR stop processing MIDI when the external clock stops.
Awesome! For me (and others I’d imagine) that’d be a really nice feature.
(03-27-2021, 12:45 AM)MailerDemon Wrote: Awesome! For me (and others I’d imagine) that’d be a really nice feature.
I would like this one too. I know in most devices I've had a look at, the way they tackle this is taking the average ms of the last 4 (or so) clock tics and use that to derive the clock out, so if you stop the clock it still runs, but takes a few more tics to get it's head on straight if you start the clock again. Seems like there could be a time-out which could be set up so that after that after so long without a new tick, it starts with a fresh buffer on the next incoming tick.
Jesse