Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching MOT1/MOT2 resets Motifs
again I have problems with resetting Motifs: Every time I use the Motif swap button inside the Motif edit menu, it kind of resets my Motif.

I have tried with just one step long Motifs in every mode (chromatic/scale/chord) and when I change the value of this step 1 to example 7
and than tap on the Motif swap button it changes the value to 0.
This concerns only step 1 !!! (step 2 and further keep my edits)
(02-23-2021, 04:43 AM)racecube Wrote: again I have problems with resetting Motifs: Every time I use the Motif swap button inside the Motif edit menu, it kind of resets my Motif.

I have tried with just one step long Motifs in every mode (chromatic/scale/chord) and when I change the value of this step 1 to example 7
Oops, this didn't come up on my radar until now. Sorry for the delay, I'll see if I get the same behavior. 
So to recreate I:
1. Make a pattern 1 step long.
2. Go into the editor
3. Set a value
4. Use the motif button to switch to editing the other Motif
5. That Motif value will have changed, and when I switch back it will be a zero

Let me know the FW number if you can for reference.

I'll give this a shot now and let you know what I get.

Jesse
(03-01-2021, 02:47 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 04:43 AM)racecube Wrote: again I have problems with resetting Motifs: Every time I use the Motif swap button inside the Motif edit menu, it kind of resets my Motif.

Oops, this didn't come up on my radar until now. Sorry for the delay, I'll see if I get the same behavior. 
So to recreate I:
1. Make a pattern 1 step long.
2. Go into the editor
3. Set a value
4. Use the motif button to switch to editing the other Motif
5. That Motif value will have changed, and when I switch back it will be a zero

Let me know the FW number if you can for reference.

I'll give this a shot now and let you know what I get.

Jesse

I've tried the above steps and cannot get the issue to occur. Let me know if I have the step order correct, also let me know if there are any other variables in play that could be influencing the outcome (Incoming MIDI signals, who knows), and if the firmware isn't the most recent, I'd say update it just to be safe.
I made a little video of myself testing this, but it's pretty uneventful so I won't post it unless you ask to see it.
Best,
Jesse