Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C-lync - What is it?
Hello, I see C-Lync in the boot menu and can't seem to find any documentation of this functionality. It seems to be related to the Drone part. Any ideas?
(02-21-2021, 06:20 AM)Marc Hackenberg Wrote: Hello, I see C-Lync in the boot menu and can't seem to find any documentation of this functionality. It seems to be related to the Drone part. Any ideas?

Hi Marc,
The USB on the NDLR can have a few 'wires'. For example you know about the four Midi Outs and the four Midi Ins going to the PC.

It also has a high speed bi-directional serial 'wire' as well. It is used to send data like the patches and presets and rhythms and sequences (all of them together are called a "Session")
The C-Lync is the switch to activate this serial 'wire.

The Library program uses this serial line to save and load the individual elements or a whole Session into the NDLR. Sort of a high speed System Exclusive dump.

All the best
Royce
Actually if I'm not mistaken the C-lync just utilizes a Din MIDI cable, and allows you to mirror the controls of one NDLR on a second device. I was supposed to test this as I don't think anyone's ever tried to see if it works yet. Basically it uses MIDI CCs to synchronize device 2 to follow all the changes that happen on unit 1. So you could have 4 motifs and 2 pads etc. It sounds like a lot of fun, I'll have to get my second unit back and try it out.
Jesse
(02-21-2021, 09:31 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Actually if I'm  not mistaken the C-lync just utilizes a Din MIDI cable, and allows you to mirror the controls of one NDLR on a second device. I was supposed to test this as I don't think anyone's ever tried to see if it works yet. Basically it uses MIDI CCs to synchronize device 2 to follow all the changes that happen on unit 1. So you could have 4 motifs and 2 pads etc. It sounds like a lot of fun, I'll have to get my second unit back and try it out.
Jesse

That's interesting. I did see data being generated on the serial port when the NDLR was running. Very cool.