Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaper and NDLR
Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up my newish NDLR for use in Reaper, and was hoping someone here can help me with the following:

1)  I would like to send clock from NDLR to Reaper.  When I change the tempo on NDLR, however, I do not see the tempo in Reaper changing.  How can I get Reaper to receive and respond to external MIDI clock?

2)  I would like the Reaper transport to start and stop when I press the master play/stop button on the NDLR.  Can someone please advise how I can set this up?  I have tried assigning the main play button in Reaper to the NDLR master play/stop button on NDLR using the Actions menu, but it appears to assign notes within Channel 15 (the NDLR control channel) to the Reaper play button depending on the motifs that are going at the time.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hopefully someone knows how to do this, because I cant even get Reaper to make a noise on my computer. It reminds me of Linux, highly configurable, super open ended, but a total pain in the butt if you don't have a ton of experience with it.
(12-30-2020, 06:04 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hopefully someone knows how to do this, because I cant even get Reaper to make a noise on my computer. It reminds me of Linux, highly configurable, super open ended, but a total pain in the butt if you don't have a ton of experience with it.

I can certainly help you make some noise with Reaper, although I am no expert Smile.  I am relatively OK with basic operations.  The easiest thing to begin using it is to make sure you "insert virtual instrument on new track" when you want to load a VST - this will ensure that all of the routings are correct in order to use an external midi controller (such as the NDLR) to play that synth.

Of course, if you have any other specific questions about Reaper, I am happy to try to help.

In the meantime, I have connected NDLR to synths in both Synapse Orion and Kushview Element, and have successfully controlled the tempo in those two DAWs with NDLR.  Thus, doing the same in Reaper should be possible (and is not a product of incorrect settings on my NDLR).