Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request - Resync
One of the challenges we have live is if a box loses MIDI sync (or song position).

Would it be possible to have a resync feature that sends a MIDI start on the next loop of a user defined number of bars on a specific output.

The idea is if for example one of our live sequencers loses sync, we can stop it locally, press the resync on the MIDI port and next time the loop goes around it sends a start message on that port to restart our sequencer, or if the sequencer is out of sync (say it's 4 bars out because stupidly we accidentally selected a 4 bar pattern instead of an 8 bar pattern sometime earlier in the set), send a start message to restart that sequencer in sync.

It would need to be synced up to whatever port is selected as the master clock, but this feature would be an absolute godsend to us.

Pretty much a version of this thing, on each output - http://mungo.com.au/syncZ.html
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
(12-07-2020, 05:19 PM)The Puppeteer Wrote: One of the challenges we have live is if a box loses MIDI sync (or song position).

Would it be possible to have a resync feature that sends a MIDI start on the next loop of a user defined number of bars on a specific output.

The idea is if for example one of our live sequencers loses sync, we can stop it locally, press the resync on the MIDI port and next time the loop goes around it sends a start message on that port to restart our sequencer, or if the sequencer is out of sync (say it's 4 bars out because stupidly we accidentally selected a 4 bar pattern instead of an 8 bar pattern sometime earlier in the set), send a start message to restart that sequencer in sync.

It would need to be synced up to whatever port is selected as the master clock, but this feature would be an absolute godsend to us.

Pretty much a version of this thing, on each output - http://mungo.com.au/syncZ.html

Interesting, I could see this being possible, but it all depends on what Steve wants to do, I don't think the NDLR currently keeps track of what bar is currently being played, so that could represent a bigger challenge than I am imaginig. I'll add it to the feature requests though and lets see what happens. To be frank, though, there will be no chance of any (non essential) updates until probably next April as we launch the MRCC. 
Best,
Jesse