Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI 2 Support
Is MIDI 2 support planned?
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
(12-07-2020, 05:06 PM)The Puppeteer Wrote: Is MIDI 2 support planned?

As far as I know, it hasn't been discussed. 
Jesse
The question would be, what in MIDI 2 would you find valuable in a MIDI router? Maybe once Windows supports MIDI 2, and there are some devices besides a big Roland MIDI keyboard, it might be more interesting. I could see the MIDI Capability Inquiry ( MIDI-CI) being useful on the PC Interface port once there's OS support for it.
I guess the main use case at this stage is functioning as a MIDI 2 compatible interface, once the OS 's support it. And in the future the enhanced capabilities of a controller and synth talking to each other via MRCC.

I don't think there's an urgency to it, but as MIDI 2 becomes more common place, it would be great for a device like MRCC to fit into that ecosystem going forward.

My question was more around is the hardware capable of supporting it.
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
(03-28-2021, 11:07 PM)The Puppeteer Wrote: I guess the main use case at this stage is functioning as a MIDI 2 compatible interface, once the OS 's support it. And in the future the enhanced capabilities of a controller and synth talking to each other via MRCC. 

I don't think there's an urgency to it, but as MIDI 2 becomes more common place, it would be great for a device like MRCC to fit into that ecosystem going forward.

My question was more around is the hardware capable of supporting it.

I did some follow up on the subject and there were considerations taken in the design to make that possible down the road, however as the device is built on the teensy hardware platform a lot depends on whether or not the hardware team decide to implement support for it once it's more ubiquitous. I definitely see that being in demand amongst teensy users, so my guess is the likelihood is high.

Jesse