Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR USB not recognized by iConnectivity MIDI4+ host
I've been in contact with the Dev team at I connectivity and offered a loan of my personal NDLR unit for testing on their end and have been waiting for a confirmation/shipping address for some time (months now). I will circle back and see if I can get a response. Thanks for the reminder.
Hi Jesse, thanks for getting back on this issue. Much appreciated!

Good to hear of iConnectivity's willingness to have a stab at this on their end. Would be awesome if you can work something out with them.

Do you think iConnectivity needs to change the firmware on its devices to be able to accept the NDLR on their host ports?
Based on posts in this thread I came under the impression the issue should/could/might be solved on the NDLR's side by altering the USB Descriptor configuration in NDLR's Teensy firmware.

(see posts 6 & 7 by microbug and post 9 by 0xF0):

#6 > https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...63#pid3163
#7 > https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...79#pid3179
#9 > https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...92#pid3192

Earlier you mentioned passing on this data to Steve. Did he ever had a chance to look into the findings as posted by microbug & 0xF0?
Would be great to get some input on this issue from the NDLR dev team, thanks!

-T
Still not resolved. Last firmware update more than a year. Last comment from a rep about half a year. Is this product still sold/supported? Does the company still exist?
Second this topic — would be great to finally see something moving and solving the compatibility issues with iConnectivity
I've sent a NDLR out to the folks at iConnectivity and they are going to see what they can do to get the devices to work together. I'll let you know here when I have anything to report.
(02-18-2023, 07:49 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I've sent a NDLR out to the folks at iConnectivity and they are going to see what they can do to get the devices to work together. I'll let you know here when I have anything to report.

That's great to hear Jesse. Thanks for taking action and updating us, much appreciated! Have you informed them of the insightful posts (as summarised before) in this thread? These might give them a head-start and/or beter picture to start with...

Best,
-T
I haven't, however I believe they are aware of the post, so they may have the info already.
(02-19-2023, 03:32 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I haven't, however I believe they are aware of the post, so they may have the info already.

Ok, thanks for the info!

And how do we get the NDLR's dev team / Steve to chime in on the action?

As a - technical - reaction on all this (as summarised here), from a NDLR's firmware perspective, is still hugely missing in this thread and would be immensely helpful.

-T
Good Morning. About to buy iConnect4c but read this thread & others on issues with NDLR class compliant USB MIDI.
Is the NDLR recognised on the newer 4c model? I was hoping for some Kung Fu with Ipad (SamplR and 7 other iOS synths) out with Multi midi in off my hardware into AL 11 via NDLR Ambient Explorations.... Thanks.
I haven't had any updates from the Iconnectivity team yet as to their progress with the NDLR host recognition, so I would assume it's still a "no" at this point, but I can shoot out a message to see what the status is. You may want to reach out to them as well.