Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR USB not recognized by iConnectivity MIDI4+ host
(04-23-2023, 02:35 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I haven't had any updates from the Iconnectivity team yet as to their progress with the NDLR host recognition, so I would assume it's still a "no" at this point, but I can shoot out a message to see what the status is. You may want to reach out to them as well.

FWIW, the latest (Version: 2.1.0) firmware for mioXL/XM - https://cdn.iconnectivity.com/firmware/n..._notes.txt states:

Date: 2023-08-21
1. Added support for hosting Roland devices (MIDI only, not audio) that are not using class compliant USB MIDI descriptors.

---8<---

After this upgrade, the NDLR appeared (as four separate USB devices/ports) in my mio, from which it was being powered, but connected by DIN.

Still DIN-connected, and USB not yet tested, but might be a ray of hope if it actually works.  I don't know whether the latest NDLR patch (v1.1.086 for me) changes anything for folks who have non-mio iConnectivity devices, like the MIDI4+ mentioned by the OP in this thread.

There's another thread on this in the MIDI connectivity subforum, so I'll crosspost there too.

HTH,
auto
Yup, with NDLR 1.1.079 + mioXL with 2.1.0, all four NDLR USB ports lighting up in MIDI-OX, via RTP-MIDI (I don't use USB for MIDI).  All looks good.

Same after applying the NDLR 1.1.086 patch.

Crossposting as previously; seems like this is a fix (and I've gained a precious MIDI in, too).
Smile 

Cheers,
[happier] auto
Great news! We didn't change anything with The NDLR USB client, so technically it shouldn't matter which NDLR FW it is, but having a recent version is good for other things.