Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord Sequencer Issue
Small update regarding hung notes. Panic button does work to stop hung notes. I didn't realize I had to press it with shift. Doh!
Hello all,
I think I'm experiencing somewhat comparable problems. Maybe another scenario that can help out debugging.

I'm finding it very hard to sync the Ndlr to a sequencer and keep it running in sync after I start (recording) a song.

I've been able to pinpoint it to the clock restarting when entering the chord sequencer menu... I use these simple steps to reproduce (and independant to external syncing, so on internal clock);

1. Load a Chord Sequence
2. Arm the sequence
3. Exit the menu
4. Start a part, ie. motif-2
5. Now enter the Shift-Menu so you come back to the chord sequencer menu
6. There is no red square around the chord / sequence being played
7. After a few beats it restarts the chords sequencer (and apparently the complete clock) with an audible flame of notes
8. Now there is a red square and it seems like the chord sequence is running
9. Exit the menu so your at the front page, do some stuff
10. Go back to the menu again
11. No red squares
12. After a few beats it restarts, clock restarts, note flames

Now of course, it could be argued to just stay in 1 place, but the front display is of course needed to noodle about and the chord sequencer is needed to have an idea where I am at in my chords sequence when I'm doing solo's.

I'm running 1.1.071.

Best regards,
Arian Prins
I'm having a last pad hanging note issue too, NDLR direct to a Nord Lead 3 via DIN MIDI.

Prinsarian: Have you ensured your clock is coming in on DIN B (not A) or USB 1 (not any of the others)? It won't solve the flamming issue you're discussing, but I haven't had any sync issues from external sync when it sees a start/stop on DIN B.
(12-06-2020, 04:40 PM)0xF0 Wrote: I'm having a last pad hanging note issue too, NDLR direct to a Nord Lead 3 via DIN MIDI.

Prinsarian: Have you ensured your clock is coming in on DIN B (not A) or USB 1 (not any of the others)? It won't solve the flamming issue you're discussing, but I haven't had any sync issues from external sync when it sees a start/stop on DIN B.

Thanks for the tip. I only use midi usb-1 in my sequencer. Even deactivated Ndlr's other 3 ports in the sequencer so they don't even show up in menu's etc. So I'm pretty sure start/stop/clock only goes to usb-1.