Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Looper capability
Any thought of including MIDI looper functionality to the NDLR?
(08-13-2020, 04:38 AM)endreola Wrote: Any thought of including MIDI looper functionality to the NDLR?
I haven't heard anything suggesting it's been discussed, I'd like to hear how you could see it working.
Jesse
(08-13-2020, 07:11 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:38 AM)endreola Wrote: Any thought of including MIDI looper functionality to the NDLR?
I haven't heard anything suggesting it's been discussed, I'd like to hear how you could see it working.
Jesse

I think the way I'd probably ideally use this, is to a record a linear sequence live, that looped in sync with the chord sequence/song... with no auto-transposing done at all (or maybe just transposing for the scale/key?). You hit a button to start recording, hit it again to stop. ie. like a looper pedal. Whatever you recorded is output to a specified midi channel.  I wouldn't care about editing a sequence piano roll or anything crazy like that. 

It would give an opportunity to layer more traditional sequencing with NDLR's less linear approach. I guess this could be done with an external sequencer, if you somehow synced up the song length.. but doing it all in one box would be the dream Wink
Hi Jesse,

My apology for the late response to your question.  The use case is pretty straight-forward.  Instead of menu-diving and lose creativity inspiration while tweaking settings, offer a simple way to record notes, CCs via keyboard / controller and loop it.  Allow modifiers via mod matrix.  Offer functionality to each part and a method to save configs.

Regards
I also would love this function to be implemented Smile
Bless