Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync my Korg Volca's and other synths
Hi there,

In december I have my NDLR one year.
Offcourse I have 4 hardware synth synced (Pad, Drone, Motif 1 and Motif 2).
But I cant find out how to sync my Korg Volca's.
The manual is not clear about how to sync my other hardware.

So what I mean is, when I start my NDLR to play the Volca's sync in the same BPM.
Or the other way around.
I tryed it with midi and CLk IN and CLK out.
But nothing seems to work.

Can anny one please explane.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Novaresse  Wink
Just a guess, but check Settings 1/3 screen (page 24 of manual) to ensure Start/Stop is being issued to the port your Volca is on.

Other than that, I got nuthin'.
It may be you need to edit the settings of the volca global menu. I know for the volca sample there are two menu items that need to be set for midi clock to work. To enter the menu, press and hold [func] while powering up, the step indicators show the settings of the various options. To enable external clock press step 6 and it should say CL.At and the step should be lit. This allows the machine to use internal clock or external clock when present.
The next setting is step 7 which is the midi filter, to accept start and stop messages this must be set to St.of and the step should not be lit. This means that the Volca will not filter parts out of the incoming midi messages.
Then to save and continue press the record button or else it will disregard any changes you made.
I just tested this with my NDLR and Sample, give it a try and see if that solves your issue, if not let me know.
Best,
Jesse
(10-09-2020, 03:59 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: It may be you need to edit the settings of the volca global menu. I know for the volca sample there are two menu items that need to be set for midi clock to work. To enter the menu, press and hold [func] while powering up, the step indicators show the settings of the various options. To enable external clock press step 6 and it should say CL.At and the step should be lit. This allows the machine to use internal clock or external clock when present.
The next setting is step 7 which is the midi filter, to accept start and stop messages this must be set to St.of and the step should not be lit. This means that the Volca will not filter parts out of the incoming midi messages.
Then to save and continue press the record button or else it will disregard any changes you made.
I just tested this with my NDLR and Sample, give it a try and see if that solves your issue, if not let me know.
Best,
Jesse

Thanks Jesse,

I will let you know if this works.
Regards,
Novaresse