Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a little thing
Hi there,

I recently purchased an NDLR. It was working perfectly until a couple days ago. I change my midi flow that day. 

I had my soundcard midi signal going to the NDLR and to a Beatstep pro then from them two to other hardware.

Now my set up is midi clock from sound card to BeatStep pro then to various instruments including the NDLR.

My issues is that the NDLR doesn't play any patters ever since. At first when I first got it it would play patterns instantly but now it doesn't..
I'm wondering if I need to do something I don't know ..
(09-07-2020, 12:03 PM)Daquees Wrote: Hi there,

I recently purchased an NDLR. It was working perfectly until a couple days ago. I change my midi flow that day. 

I had my soundcard midi signal going to the NDLR and to a Beatstep pro then from them two to other hardware.

Now my set up is midi clock from sound card to BeatStep pro then to various instruments including the NDLR.

My issues is that the NDLR doesn't play any patters ever since. At first when I first got  it it would play patterns instantly but now it doesn't..
I'm wondering if I need to do something I don't know ..
I'd check on menu page 3/3 and see if clock in is set to internal, that could be the issue.
Does it do anything? you mention patterns, but are any notes playing at all?

Does the BPM indicator (little circle that blinks red and blue) show clock activity?

Are you for sure using the correct midi to trs adaptor for the BSP?

If possible, try changing the midi cable to make sure that's not the issue.

Are any parts enabled? I know this sounds really basic and I assume you know this, but if none of the parts are enabled, it won't play even when given external signal. Like hit play all before starting the master clock device for example.

Let me know what you find after trying these and I'll get back to you after my camping trip this weekend to see how it went.
Take care.
Jesse
Hi Jesse! thanks for getting back to me

out of the things you said I believe the only posible reason could be that the parts are not enable.

Midi cable works since some how the BeatStep directly goes thought the NDLR and can play/stop my hardware connected to the NDLR. Does that make sense?
When using external clock, you must "arm" the individual NDLR parts before pressing Start from the clock source device. Assuming your clock source only sends clock when its playing.

Sounds like your MIDI cable is fine.

In your MIDI configuration, you have everything daisy chained. Besides adding latency, having all sequencer data pass through the NDLR can affect the NDLR performance. Unless you need The NDLR to transpose MIDI, you might consider adding a MIDI splitter your your setup so you can run MIDI ports in parallel and not pass everything through The NDLR.