Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen colour invert option
The screen might better suit some people (eg, ahem, older) with dark graphics on a white/light background.

Would anyone else like to see an 'inverted colours' option?

cheers,
auto
yes, especially blue on black background is nearly invisible for me from a certain distance.
(08-31-2020, 02:57 PM)racecube Wrote: yes, especially blue on black background is nearly invisible for me from a certain distance.
This might be possible to add as a global menu option, I'll see if it's an easy thing to add.
Jesse
(09-01-2020, 11:31 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 02:57 PM)racecube Wrote: yes, especially blue on black background is nearly invisible for me from a certain distance.
This might be possible to add as a global menu option, I'll see if it's an easy thing to add.
Jesse
...or you put some different colour schemes (inverted/monochrome/blueish/greenish/yellowish)  on the still not engaged SHIFT MENU ENC 2/3
(Home of the future)   ;-)
(09-02-2020, 12:05 AM)racecube Wrote:
Jesse
...or you put some different colour schemes (inverted/monochrome/blueish/greenish/yellowish)  on the still not engaged SHIFT MENU ENC 2/3
It would need to be added to the global selection menu instead, since we wouldn't want to take up any space in the saved state database. One bit could be doable, more not so much.
(09-02-2020, 02:30 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
Jesse
It would need to be added to the global selection menu instead, since we wouldn't want to take up any space in the saved state database. One bit could be doable, more not so much.
You are not going to change it while it is running so you could, if there is code room, simply add a selection list at boot time.
No action would time out to the current default colours.
It's not ideal, but if you have no room to save it then this might be an option.
(09-02-2020, 06:35 PM)Royce Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 02:30 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
Jesse
You are not going to change it while it is running so you could, if there is code room, simply add a selection list at boot time.
No action would time out to the current default colours.
It's not ideal, but if you have no room to save it then this might be an option.
Maybe we could do it so that if it's set to default in the global menu, then no prompt, default colors. If set to alternate color scheme it prompts at boot and no selection would timeout to default scheme.

I've added a feature request to the list and I'll discuss it with Steve.
-Jesse
Many thanks Jesse/all
no news on this topic?
(10-24-2020, 01:26 PM)racecube Wrote: no news on this topic?

None yet. It will probably be something we discuss once the MRCC code is finished. I'll post here once we have a plan.
Jesse