Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More granular CLK DIV control using CC
Hi All. I understand that, using the encoder, it is useful that the clock divider is quantized to only a few values, and I also understand the rationale for sorting the even vs the odd dividers (1, 2, 4, 8, 3, 6). 

However, this becomes an unnecessary limitation when controlling the same via MIDI messages, say CC 39 for motif 1. At the moment I still need to follow that sequence (CC message 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3, for 4...) and all values beyond 6 are wasted. 

Why not allowing the controller device to go through a much more granular set of values, if not as continuos as it gets in the 127 range? 

Besides, that would also make counterproductive the sorting in even vs odd. The clock divider would be calculated as CEILING(CC39 / 127 x 8).

Also, I am sure many users would welcome to push the divider to 16, or CEILING(CC39 / 127 x 16).

Inspiration for this request is a beautiful live performance of Aqeel Aadam at the latest Synthbooth conference, where he does exactly what I describe, changing progressively the speed of what in NDLR would be a motif during the performance. He achieved this easily using some dedicated clock / sequencer in Eurorack.

Thanks!

G.