Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send lfo data only
Hello

Is it possible to send lfo data only from the ndlr? Let me try and explain...

What I want to do is record some ndlr parts into my elektron sequencer, so I can manipulate these using conditional triggers and the like. But I would also like to use the mod matrix on the ndlr to send lfo information to various CC parameters on the model:cycles.

So, I don’t want the ndlr to send note information in this case (as the model:cycles will already have that recorded). I don’t actually own a model:cycles yet, so can’t just experiment with the settings at the moment.

Thanks
John
I haven't experimented with this yet, but even if the modulation only happens when a channel is set to play, you should be able to set up a Motif rhythm with no triggers and play just that channel, so the notes never play, and still get Modulation out. I think you're good to go. Try using motif patterns as lfo shapes, that's where things start to get interesting.
Jesse
(08-16-2020, 04:27 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I haven't experimented with this yet, but even if the modulation only happens when a channel is set to play, you should be able to set up a Motif rhythm with no triggers and play just that channel, so the notes never play, and still get Modulation out. I think you're good to go. Try using motif patterns as lfo shapes, that's where things start to get interesting.
Jesse

Thanks for the quick response Jesse. So i would just set up a motif rhythm full of rests? Seems like a sensible workaround.

Thanks
John