Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncing clock with Native Instruments Maschine as master?
Has anyone had any luck doing this? It seems like it should be trivial but I can't get it to work over USB. I might try routing midi out of maschine to midi in on the NDLR but ideally that would be necessary.

Just confirming, I got it to work over midi out from Maschine to midi in on NDLR. Would still be nice to get it to work over USB and free up those ports but at least it's working.
(08-06-2020, 01:19 PM)SmallBaguette Wrote: Has anyone had any luck doing this? It seems like it should be trivial but I can't get it to work over USB. I might try routing midi out of maschine to midi in on the NDLR but ideally that would be necessary.

Just confirming, I got it to work over midi out from Maschine to midi in on NDLR. Would still be nice to get it to work over USB and free up those ports but at least it's working.
You may need to enable midi clock out in the global menu. Press and hold [Shift+Menu] While powering on to enter the menu, then I believe pressing Motif 1, will toggle that option. Motif two should select whether you want to send midi clock over all 4 USB ports or just 1, I usually set this to just 1 unless I'm trying to use multiple programs and wish to sync them all to NDLR clock (actually I've never needed to do that) so 1 usually works best for me.
Let me know if that works for you.
Jesse Johannesen
(08-06-2020, 01:19 PM)SmallBaguette Wrote: Has anyone had any luck doing this? It seems like it should be trivial but I can't get it to work over USB. I might try routing midi out of maschine to midi in on the NDLR but ideally that would be necessary.

I got it this to work; NI Maschine (standalone) as master, sending clock over USB to NDLR.
Make sure you have enabled in Maschine: menu item preferences - MIDI - OUTPUT - NDLR
And make sure you have set on NDLR: in settings - page 3/3 - Clock In: USB1

Before you press start on Maschine, make sure you have pressed play and start your NDLR patterns. It will hold and actually start running after you start your Maschine.

Hope this helps you out. 

PS. The only issue that I encounter with Maschine standalone, Ableton Live 10 Suite and also with FL Studio is, that de BPM displayed in NDLR screen is a factor x4 of the master clock, while NDLR's patterns are playing in correct tempo and the beat indicator flashes correctly as well. All 'clock out' parameters on NDLR obviously have no effect on this and the 'clock in 24PPQ' cannot be adjusted.

**EDIT** I fixed this by sending clock out to just only NDLR USB port 1, and disable clock out to the other NDLR USB ports.

Rob