Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Key-free?
Is there another way besides the chord sequencer to keep all chords Major?  I'd like to be able to do it realtime.  Thanks.
I don’t understand you 100% but i guess you could use the Keyboard Trans functionality.
(07-24-2020, 02:18 PM)mgrey Wrote: Is there another way besides the chord sequencer to keep all chords Major?  I'd like to be able to do it realtime.  Thanks.

Hi mgrey,
There isn't a simple way to do this that I can think of, but it is possible, and in real time. Through MIDI CC you can control the key and mode, and it would be possible to set up buttons on a MIDI controller to be associated with each key, then with chord degree 1 in Major mode, you would have a MAJ chord in the root of that key.
The MIDI CCs for Key and Mode are number 73 and 74 respectively, 73 takes values from 1-12 and travels by the circle of fifths from C, Mode takes values from 0-15.
That might do what you're wanting to accomplish.
Best,
Jesse
I guess I was imagining EG. setting to Key of E to get E Maj in the I position, and having some way of getting all Maj chords at the II-VII positions. Like toggling off Restrict to Key. Or since there are so many chord variants available with Shift+, having Maj or Min be available that way. Using an external controller is the only way?
(07-25-2020, 01:28 PM)mgrey Wrote: I guess I was imagining EG. setting to Key of E to get E Maj in the I position, and having some way of getting all Maj chords at the II-VII positions.  Like toggling off Restrict to Key. Or since there are so many chord variants available with Shift+, having Maj or Min be available that way.  Using an external controller is the only way?
It's not the only way, but the other way is to use the key select encoder to dial in the key you want, which is way more fiddly than it would be with an external controller. Not ideal but doable in a pinch.
-Jesse