Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR Crash/Freeze
Somehow out of the blue my ndlr stopped receiving midi cc messages. i don´t know what to do now
What version of firmware are you running now? We made a couple changes which are reflected in the latest manual MIDI implementation table. What CCs are you using?
I am running 1.1.073

My octatrack is running a 1 bar pattern on a midi channel. 4 triggers which are parameter locked to choose chord type and midi cc to adjust chord degree.

The NDLR is able to recognize this information and everything corresponds correctly for about 10 minutes before it crashes and freezes.

At which point I have to reboot the NDLR.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the idea of an improvisational sequencer....it’s just when I read the manual and the midi specifications I purchased 2 units with a sense of confidence that I could use another sequencer to leverage the NDLR’s harmonic capabilities in a more straightforward manner.

Am I missing something?

Did I reboot it wrong?
Hey Ghostz,
Sorry to hear you're hitting this issue, thank you for the great info as well. before I can figure out whats up here, help me get as much data as possible on this and lets see if we can sort it out. It sounds like you have two units, do they both crash when used in this way? I have an octatrack can you help me set it up to do the same thing on my end and see if we can crash mine?
When you ask if you rebooted it wrong, what exactly do you mean? did you reboot it in an unusual way?

Is there a reason for the CCs for chord degree rather than using the NDLR Ctrl Channel with the White and Black key setup? The NDLR shouldn't be crashing due to CCs, but if it is, while we fix that you may try using that system for changing chord degrees. If it is crashing, it is probably a MIDI CC sending a value to an illegal range or something like that, so to test it I would like all the CCs you're editing, as well as if you notice a point in the pattern that it consistently crashes, let me know what value it is trying to write where.

Thanks for working with me on this, I think we can get it figured out together.
Jesse
(03-10-2021, 06:03 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hey Ghostz,
Sorry to hear you're hitting this issue, thank you for the great info as well. before I can figure out whats up here, help me get as much data as possible on this and lets see if we can sort it out. It sounds like you have two units, do they both crash when used in this way? I have an octatrack can you help me set it up to do the same thing on my end and see if we can crash mine?
When you ask if you rebooted it wrong, what exactly do you mean? did you reboot it in an unusual way?

Is there a reason for the CCs for chord degree rather than using the NDLR Ctrl Channel with the White and Black key setup? The NDLR shouldn't be crashing due to CCs, but if it is, while we fix that you may try using that system for changing chord degrees. If it is crashing, it is probably a MIDI CC sending a value to an illegal range or something like that, so to test it I would like all the CCs you're editing, as well as if you notice a point in the pattern that it consistently crashes, let me know what value it is trying to write where.

Thanks for working with me on this, I think we can get it figured out together.
Jesse

hey thanks for the reply and I appreciate you getting back to me. I just did a test new test on the first thread I started. the performance is a bit better but still freezes the machine once I parameter lock 3 midi cc's
Hi, just a suggestion: maybe if you microtimed the 3 CC trigs slightly apart the NDLR would react better. (Didn't try myself, that's just a thought I had while reading your post). Also check if there's no midi loop in your system.
(03-12-2021, 01:36 AM)Dirk Offringa Wrote: Hi, just a suggestion: maybe if you microtimed the 3 CC trigs slightly apart the NDLR would react better. (Didn't try myself, that's just a thought I had while reading your post). Also check if there's no midi loop in your system.

Hi thanks 

I tested again and it seems to be related so far to midi cc 31...”pad spread”

After changing from midi cc 31 to 29 the NDLR was able to run from the octatrack all night. (NDLR ctrl White keys only mode)
Sorry for the delay, I just got vaccinated and have been down with a fever. I should have time at some point today to meet up. I'll send you a text and see if we can coordinate that meeting.
Jesse