Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New(er) NDLR rotary buttons make it hard/impossible to dial in CCs
Exclamation 
Hi there.
I got my NDLR the last days and am quite up to date with the usage - i heavily dived into it the last days.
Now i found a problem that is somewhat annoying.

During my reading in this forum i realized that there were different rotary controllers on the first NDLRs that went out.
I have one with the rasterized steps.

If you enter the „MIDI CNTLR“ (Button 4 In Shift + Menu mode) on pretty much any screen i can only set the values in steps of 2 - which might be unproblematic when setting volume or panning but gets difficult when setting CC values!

In the „MIDI CNTLR“ Menu rotate Button 1 to screen 4 (Pad) and try to set the bottom CC values vor CC1 and/or CC2.
Here i also get only steps of 2. From 61 -> 63 -> 65, etc...
The values in between are on the „height“ of the button rasterization (hard to name it, no native English speaker here).
If i want to set it to eg. 62 i have to half-turn the knob and hope it stays that way until i leave the screen/setting.

Hard to describe, easy to reproduce, very hard to work around or live with it if one wants to use these features.
Recommendations Jesse, Darryl?

I hope you can alter the steps finer in the code so that the new rotary controls are also able to fully customize the NDLR  Confused
I would hate to exclude these features from my workflow.

Kind regards.
(07-12-2020, 11:51 PM)MrBlaschke Wrote: Hi there.
I got my NDLR the last days and am quite up to date with the usage - i heavily dived into it the last days.
Now i found a problem that is somewhat annoying.

During my reading in this forum i realized that there were different rotary controllers on the first NDLRs that went out.
I have one with the rasterized steps.

If you enter the „MIDI CNTLR“ (Button 4 In Shift + Menu mode) on pretty much any screen i can only set the values in steps of 2 - which might be unproblematic when setting volume or panning but gets difficult when setting CC values!

In the „MIDI CNTLR“ Menu rotate Button 1 to screen 4 (Pad) and try to set the bottom CC values vor CC1 and/or CC2.
Here i also get only steps of 2. From 61 -> 63 -> 65, etc...
The values in between are on the „height“ of the button rasterization (hard to name it, no native English speaker here).
If i want to set it to eg. 62 i have to half-turn the knob and hope it stays that way until i leave the screen/setting.

Hard to describe, easy to reproduce, very hard to work around or live with it if one wants to use these features.
Recommendations Jesse, Darryl?

I hope you can alter the steps finer in the code so that the new rotary controls are also able to fully customize the NDLR  Confused
I would hate to exclude these features from my workflow.

Kind regards.
If the developers are looking for a solution, I suggest looking at the hydrasynth handles situations where you need more granular control over inputting values. To explain, what happens with that synth is if you want to put in a precise value like 30, it can be easy to shoot past it and end up with something like 31.25. To compensate for this the synth allows you to hold down the shift button while turning any encoder knob which slows the speed the knobs dial in the numbers. A similar approach could be applied to the NDLR.
The main problem here is the rasterization/segmentation of the (hardware) Rotary controllers.
The steps the software makes are to small for the rasterization of the rotary controllers Sad
It would absolutely help nothing to this problem when adding a fine-tuning to the knobs - at least for my brain Smile
(07-13-2020, 02:18 AM)MrBlaschke Wrote: The main problem here is the rasterization/segmentation of the (hardware) Rotary controllers.
The steps the software makes are to small for the rasterization of the rotary controllers Sad
It would absolutely help nothing to this problem when adding a fine-tuning to the knobs - at least for my brain Smile
Looks like Darryl was able to replicate the issue (I have one of the non-detented encoder models) so I'm getting it added to the bug list. 

Thanks again,
Jesse
(07-13-2020, 06:29 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 02:18 AM)MrBlaschke Wrote: The main problem here is the rasterization/segmentation of the (hardware) Rotary controllers.
Looks like Darryl was able to replicate the issue (I have one of the non-detented encoder models) so I'm getting it added to the bug list. 

Thanks again,
Jesse

Thanks Jesse and Darryl.
I hope this can get sorted out in the near future as i want to actually use these features and have the complete NDLR experience  Angel
We got this fixed! Follow the link below for the firmware Hex and follow the directions on the Conductive Labs website for updating firmware. If you're updating from 1.1.063 or older, you will need to do a factory reset afterwards which will wipe out any user saves you may have, so write down any critical information beforehand, no need to do so if you're using 1.1.066 or later.

FW available here: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=10
Thanks for the help tracking this down,
Jesse
(07-17-2020, 07:05 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: We got this fixed! Follow the link below for the firmware Hex and follow the directions on the Conductive Labs website for updating firmware. If you're updating from 1.1.063 or older, you will need to do a factory reset afterwards which will wipe out any user saves you may have, so write down any critical information beforehand, no need to do so if you're using 1.1.066 or later.

FW available here: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=10
Thanks for the help tracking this down,
Jesse

Fantastic! And great mine got delivered with 1.1.066 - so no factory reset should be needed.My NDLR Backup stuff is not ready yet and i would hate to loose my stored stuff atm Smile

Edit: The Link you posted shows a 404. (Not found)
This one works: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=10

Gonna try this later on!
I can confirm that this works now. Thank you!