Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motif 1 Loses Sync - Clock Divider Set By CC
This issue only appears when you are setting the clock divider for Motif 1 using external CC control - Motif 2 works as expected and reliably

On Motif 1 when you change the clock divider with the hardware knobs on the NDLR the divider maintains sync as you would expect.. it shifts seamlessly between  all six clock divisions and the timing is locked to a grid. Perfect. 

On Motif 1 when you change the clock divider with CC control Motif 1  loses  sync to the timing grid. You may have  to do it several times alternating between the settings via CC before it becomes obvious.  It is much easier to notice it when you have a drum pattern playing...  This issue does not impact Motif 2... motif 2 always keeps a lock to the grid no matter how many times you change the clock divisor using CCs. 

If you can't replicate this I will post a video on Monday.
Hi Scott,
I've been trying to repro this for the last half hour and I cant get it to fall out of sync. Here's what I'm doing:
* Ableton Live as master clock out to NDLR USB 1
* Also tried Clocked internally
* NDLR clock out disabled
* 5 dummy clips with no launch quantizing to NDLR MIDI CC39 from Ableton via USB 1 each with a different value 1-7
* switch between clips randomly which is changing the clock divide as expected
* No drift
Can you think of anything else I could try doing to reproduce this?
Jesse
(07-07-2020, 06:39 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hi Scott,
I've been trying to repro this for the last half hour and I cant get it to fall out of sync. Here's what I'm doing:
* Ableton Live as master clock out to NDLR USB 1
* Also tried Clocked internally
* NDLR clock out disabled
* 5 dummy clips with no launch quantizing to NDLR MIDI CC39  from Ableton via USB 1 each with a different value 1-7
* switch between clips randomly which is changing the clock divide as expected
* No drift
Can you think of anything else I could try doing to reproduce this?
Jesse

I'll post another video as soon as i can ... when this happens NDLR is receiving midi clock through midi port B. I will get a definite list of steps.