Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use with Modular (Eurorack)
So yeah, turns out it's pretty easy to set up the CV.OCD to play nice with the NDLR:
1. First thing I had to do was set clock out enable in the global menu (by pressing [SHIFT + MENU] while booting up, then toggling the selection with the Motif1 button and exiting the menu by pressing the Panic/motif1/2 button).
2. I also had to set the midi start stop to all, as well as setting the midi channels to the correct channels for the CVOCD setup (motifs on 1 and 2, drone on 3).
3. I set up 2 cv gate pairs for the motifs and 2 for the Drone, then used the "clock and run" option (in the CVOCD setup app) for the main clock out into my sequencer, which stops sending clock when you stop the last part on the NDLR and starts again as soon as one of the parts starts, then one out for the reset into my sequencer.
4. The rest of the gate outs are configured as assorted clock divisions.

Here's a quick little video of me messing around with this setup:
https://youtu.be/DS2auXRDvjQ?t=35

The best part is when my dog Groot decides to start barking at the FedEx dude towards the end.

Also this is my first exploration of the Chord Sequencer, which is awesome as it turns out!

If anyone is interested I can post the CVOCD sysex I'm using here, although its' pretty dead simple to set up on their web app. It does require a separate program to send the sysex once you download it, I used MIDIOX which is the gold standard of free midi utility software, but takes a minute to get used to. If anyone needs help with it I can probably post a walkthrough for that as well. Just say the word.

Cheers,
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
Use with Modular (Eurorack) - by NDLRnoob71 - 11-03-2019, 07:50 AM
RE: Use with Modular (Eurorack) - by Jesse Johannesen - 02-13-2020, 11:05 AM
RE: Use with Modular (Eurorack) - by Ollieyoda3 - 06-09-2020, 11:18 AM