Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC 880 issue with patch data sysex not transmitting from PC to synth DIN input
I downloaded a CZ-101 patch (attached) and sent it the same way as above. Its working as expected, so I don't really know how to troubleshoot the issue. I tried with MIDI OX set both for a 256 byte output buffer, and 266 byte output buffer.

On the MIDI OX input, we can see when set for 256 byte output buffer, the patch sends in 2 parts. With a 266 byte buffer, which is larger than the actual patch size, it sends all in one message of the correct size. Either way, it shouldn't look any different with another MIDI interface, and I have no idea why the synth wouldn't receive it.

By the way, the MRCC 880 doesn't blink the LEDs for SysEx data. I'm thinking about what else we can try... but any bright ideas are welcome :-)

I've just read this page, its complicated to decipher but it indicates that there is two way communication between the CZ and the software. 
http://www.youngmonkey.ca/nose/audio_tec...io-CZ.html

Does the CZ need the output of the synth connected to the input of the computer to complete messages?

Messages In This Thread
RE: MRCC 880 issue with patch data sysex not transmitting from PC to synth DIN input - by Darryl - 10-31-2022, 07:43 PM