Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR clock unstable to incoming clock
Thanks for the reply, Jesse!

I was indeed "trying to end-run any potential issues before going live with the above setup" ...

And I was not thinking entirely clearly (imagine that?). In earlier rig setups, I live looped starting from an RC-505 and other components (e.g. stuff controlled by Cantabile) had to adopt the RC-505 tempo.

In this NDLR-based rig, it's pretty clear now that the NDLR needs to be the master. My plan is to skip HW drum machines for percussion and use a software-based setup for percussive sounds (probably using NI Battery 4 sequenced by a custom VST), again managed by Cantabile.

Some quick testing shows that Cantabile follows the NDLR tempo very nicely, so all is OK. This scheme may mean that I cannot use the RC-505 down the line, which seems to have problems as a MIDI Synch Slave. We'll see ...

> I haven't heard of the wind instrument you have there

The Sylphyo has been the centerpiece of my performing rig for the last two year. Extremely capable, miniscule latency over their custom radio link, and I was able to work with Aodyo to develop the custom (rather oddball) fingerings for the Native American flutes that I play. We still lead workshops in "real" Native American flutes, but I mostly play electronic for gigs ...

> how did you make that connection diagram

It's done in Corel Draw. Long-standing object-based design tool ideal for these diagrams. However ... they take a lot of finnicky work to develop - certainly not easy going. I am drawing everything ...

Thanks again for the assistance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: NDLR clock unstable to incoming clock - by Clint Goss - 05-26-2023, 09:07 AM