Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pc port/monitoring with mac midi monitor
(05-10-2022, 09:05 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hey Nelson, can you give me a quick outline of the signal flow you are attempting to route here? Is the source the PC in Port 3 and destination PC out Port 1?

So to route that you would press and hold the left hand PC button and while held press Port 3, then Press and hold the right hand PC button and while held press the Port 1 button for instance. Once routed the Routing page should show symbols for MIDI data being passed, and if that is the only thing being routed, you could go over to the MIDI monitor  at the end of the Tools menu, and that should show all data being passed, (which would only be this port since that is all that is routed). You may need to enable the monitor by navigating to the play pause tab stop and pressing the selection button.

If all that fails please feel free to send me an email at support@conductivelabs.com and I will set up a zoom meeting to take a look.

Jesse

curious.....let me separate this into 2 parts.

noticed this morning that the main reason that the other device wasn't responding correctly through the mrcc but was to a direct connection is that somehow i thought that it was connected to output port 7. But it was actually on output port 8. So, main problem solved.

But that shouldn't have anything to do with the fact that when i went to try out your suggestion, the midi monitor just worked before i even tried it. I didn't change anything except maybe jiggle the midi cable. Who knows. I thought i understood the connections, which is why i posted. Apparently i did more than I thought. I'll never know ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: pc port/monitoring with mac midi monitor - by Nelson Baboon - 05-11-2022, 11:16 AM