Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi channel routing question
Please forgive this noobish post, but I am having trouble accomplishing something that seems super basic.  I’d like to use my Octatrack as a midi Sequencer for a variety of synths connected via midi, all routed through the MRCC.  I’d like to sequence 8 different synths from my Octatrack with each synth corresponding with channels 1-8 on the OT’s midi out, but have the midi messages be received (on those other synths) as though they originated from channel 1 in each instance.  

For example, midi channel 5 on the OT is destined for a Matrix 6, I send a sequence of notes over midi channel 5 to the MRCC (from the OT) and it routes the data to the M6 using midi out port 5 but the M6 thinks it is coming from channel 1 and not 5.  

I have not been able to successfully configure my MRCC to do this despite having the manual open in front of me, googling, and searching the forum.  I am not positive if this is midi channel mapping issue or if I should be filtering messages per port or what?  Thanks so much!  

Messages In This Thread
Midi channel routing question - by Skaht30h5 - 01-09-2022, 11:30 AM
RE: Midi channel routing question - by Skaht30h5 - 01-10-2022, 08:06 PM
RE: Midi channel routing question - by Skaht30h5 - 01-12-2022, 05:03 AM
RE: Midi channel routing question - by Skaht30h5 - 01-12-2022, 08:13 PM