Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what synths to get for a new ndlr?
Hi...I will be ordering a ndlr soon

I am a singer (baritone and deeep bass) and player of various acoustic instruments. But I never learnt to read music

My skills are in toplining...if I have a nice melodic/rhythmic groove I love to create a melody and a vocal and then lyrics

I have always found hardware stompbox loopers to be my best partner to make new songs and have fun. I am adhd and oddly resistant to software...preferring to stomp or press a button or two every so often and then go to my happy creative place 

You can see why I am hoping the ndlr might be my friend - although I do recognise I will need to engage with the software element of it!

I am hoping to have a set up where a drone note is complimented by me changing the chordy loveliness as I work out where the song could go...and possibly leading to performing long ambient (actually I think that may not be the best word) sets live

But I am not in that demographic of “you already have loads of synths”

I do have a Protools studio and a midi keyboard..and an ipad or two

So...there is lots of potential there and I am interested in recommendations for software synths - thank you

And I’d also like to know what hardware synths you’d recommend 

And perhaps especially ones that are super simple for non keyboardists...maybe usb or battery powered would maximise ndling pleasure? Or should I start with ipads and see how it goes?

As always I am assuming that start small and cheap is the wisest option

Thank you for any help and advice you can offer

Messages In This Thread
what synths to get for a new ndlr? - by MrPipes - 04-18-2019, 02:52 AM
RE: what synths to get for a new ndlr? - by Goon - 04-21-2019, 03:56 AM
RE: what synths to get for a new ndlr? - by Noize - 04-24-2019, 06:00 AM
RE: what synths to get for a new ndlr? - by Goon - 10-29-2019, 02:10 PM
RE: what synths to get for a new ndlr? - by Steve - 11-14-2019, 09:45 AM
RE: what synths to get for a new ndlr? - by Steve - 11-14-2019, 09:40 AM