Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGGH - never an evening where everything works/Remote
I will update this. My experience has been uniformly excellent for the last 2-3 weeks, once i realized the following.

Routing is part of my improvisatory experience, and this is one reason why i love the MRCC. It is just so much more fun and spontaneous in feel to just update routings using the mrcc, then in Ableton Live - adding more and more and more connections, etc. That just feels sterile.

So I actually find myself rarely even thinking of saving my current settings.

I think that there are issues (documented here) with some usb devices, and I can't pretend to understand the issues involved, only to hope that they can be fixed.

BUT - I guess after that preamble - I find that after power cycling my MRCCs, all connections work. it is just so easy and fast at this point to set up a remote connection. It always works if i remember that it might not unless I 'initialize' the setup by power cycling it. My problems were always with usb devices, especially remote ones.

in any case - i'm not sure if i've seen anywhere whether the issue with 'incompatible' usb devices can be fixed. As I understand it it is usually due to them not booting up fast enough? or something. But my 'system' seems to take care of it. Have 2 pyramids working, and others also.

(I'd love there to be a usb expander for these things. I can definitely see running out of usb ports).

And some issues came down to not understanding the docs - especially (this is beginner stuff, I guess) when to hold down a button, and when it is active and you don't need to or shouldn't. I found that so confusing at first. Now I'm good.

I cannot recall too many purchases in my electronic music life that have so reset my workflow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARGGH - never an evening where everything works/Remote - by Nelson Baboon - 09-10-2021, 05:51 PM