Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGGH - never an evening where everything works/Remote
OK. Today's issue.

I have 2 MRCCs. They are connected via the ethernet cable. Everything was working between the 2 last night.

Today, the indicator for the remote connection (the Y in the upper right) was lit up on MRCC#1, but grayed out on the #2. OK.....

not sure what was going on. Went in and toggled the remote settings (was set up to use the remote with new ports, but not sure how this should work with 2 MRCCs). After toggling this, the indicator is now bright.

But I still cannot make the remote connection. This is between din ports, and thus far this has seemed to work easily, but not today. I select the midi din in #1, and click the Y....but pressing the din out #9 does not do anything at all. I can press a lower numbered port (up through #5) but above that nothing at all happens. I'm at a loss. I'm confident by just doing this over and over and over, at some point it will work, but I'm getting more and more confident that sometimes the shit just does not work, and I just don't know what causes it first not to work, and then to work.

it's so frustrating because I'm at the point where I can set up connections and use other options (was sending midi clock between units yesterday, etc) without thinking. And then I reach these impasses where something easy just does not work.

I also saved to user preset 1, and reloaded, but not all of the din connections were there.

ok. it turns out that #1 had crashed. Beautiful. Rebooted it, and now I can make the connection. But this leads to another question. In addition to losing connections when I power cycle the MRCC, i notice that on #2, if I save to user #1, it comes back up and I see "loading" user 1. On the first unit, when I save as user #1, it comes back up and says that it's loading the factory preset. Why would this be?

Messages In This Thread
ARGGH - never an evening where everything works/Remote - by Nelson Baboon - 08-23-2021, 03:33 PM