Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB compatible (or not) devices list
(08-16-2021, 06:23 PM)Nelson Baboon Wrote: I don't understand the notes about the Squarp Pyramid. It is powered by USB, so what does it mean to say "User reports both the MRCC and Pyramid should be powered before connecting to USB host port"? It is connecting to the MRCC that is powering it, so it can't be powered BEFORE the connection.

I didn't figure out why mine was not working, then working, then not working with the MRCC. I also have had the MRCC crash on me several times - I think that you mean here that the connected device causes this when power cycled, right?

What I'm finding now is that the Pyramid does basically work. If I power cycle the pyramid from it's power button, after loading back the preset, the connections to and from it seem to always work. Power cycling the mrcc....hmmm. I don't get consistent behavior, or i suppose it's possible that it's user error, though I'm getting more and more familiar with the mrcc....Even after saving the mrcc preset, power cycling it usually seems to lose the usb connections to/from the pyramid, but then one time they were retained.

I have a feeling those comments came via some feedback that I had provided in another thread about the Squarp Hermod. (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1624)

The description about ensuring the unit is powered before making the physical connection to MRCC is basically ensuring that the Pyramid power switch is in the on position. 

After a series of tests I ran using various different boot sequences, I landed on this process which, for me at least, continues to work well - albeit it involves having to physically reseat a device every time I need to use that functionality. If I deviate from this process it means that although the Pyramid always seem to boot correctly, and MIDI A & B channels are both recognised and active - I cannot use the 16 additional USB MIDI channels from the Pyramid.

it sounds like you may be having some similar issues with your Pyramid.

In the other trail Jesse mentioned that Steve was planning to have a play with a Pyramid at some point to see if this behaviour could be understood and possibly resolved.

Hopefully this helps in some way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: USB compatible (or not) devices list - by Spares - 09-21-2021, 01:21 AM