Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Control Change composition / latency
So it may be a little of column A a little of column B, I'm not a MIDI programmer, but through my role in support here I've heard that different MIDI messages have different levels of priority, and in some cases different devices treat these differently which can create issues which are device dependent (one example is changing scales in the chord sequencer, which give some devices problems and works fine for others). Then for some situations it could be the order things are happening, like for instance with chord type changes, if the chord type change note comes in after the chord degree change note, it waits for the next chord degree note message to take effect, which if you aren't aware of it can make it seem like it's not working. It works better if you time the chord type change just before the chord degree change, for instance. It may work this way too for the Scale changes too, although I haven't noticed that myself, you may try it sequencing it that way just to see if it helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with Control Change composition / latency - by Jesse Johannesen - 07-15-2021, 02:23 PM