Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi send/return issue
(05-05-2021, 09:56 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I had originally misinterpreted your post as saying you had not found where in the manual this is discussed, but noticed shortly after posting my reply, sorry for the confusion. I think what needs to be done to solve this may be to use 2 different ports. Since your MIDI is going out USB1 to your DAW, can you send it back through USB 2? that way it isn't then sent back into the DAW for a second pass, and goes out to downstream MIDI gear from there? USB 2 has the added bonus of passing start and stop messages to downstream gear, which may be beneficial (or not, depending on your setup).

USB 1 in sends MIDI data thru to 5pin DIN A and out USB1, where USB 2 sends out 5Pin DIN B, and USB2, passing (Start & Stop).
The path would look something like this:

NDLR-USB1->DAW-USB2->NDLR-5PINB->-(splitter?)->Synths
                                              \->USB2->DAW->Synth plugins

Does that seem like it might be doable?
Jesse

After being put on the right path (no pun intended), that is indeed what I was coming up with also.  It is just very strange that we have 6 possible paths for MIDI to travel and they all are passing MIDI thru.  It would seem that at the very least one of the USB paths would be standard in/out.  I can imagine that several users have probably given up on this device and sold it because it was doing this and they thought they were doing something wrong or could not figure it out.  Especially being that a default MIDI in/out does not usually do a thru automatically.  I do have some devices with the option to do a thru with the out but even those are not enabled by default because of the possibility of creating a MIDI loop and getting irregular signals.

Again, thanks for your assistance with this.

Messages In This Thread
Midi send/return issue - by bwquestion - 05-04-2021, 08:58 AM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by Alan - 05-04-2021, 09:14 AM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by bwquestion - 05-04-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by Jesse Johannesen - 05-04-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by bwquestion - 05-05-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by Jesse Johannesen - 05-05-2021, 09:56 AM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by bwquestion - 05-05-2021, 10:13 AM
RE: Midi send/return issue - by AlexisMori - 07-15-2021, 12:09 AM