Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale, chromatic patterns and bugs
I start with the best of intentions to be systematic and deterministic then get diverted down interesting byways with the NDLR so it has taken me a while to posting here.

Under version 1.020

The scale and chromatic patterns don't behave as I expect as they are transposed as the chord degree changes - I'd expect them to be static, so I can set up a regular sequence (say a bass line) that remains pretty much constant with varying chords playing above. As I see it the chord patterns take care of arpeggios based around the chords, sometimes I want something solely based on the scale rather than the chord. Am I missing something?

The height of the value bars in the pattern editor on the step being edited tends to be too high, so doesn't accurately reflect the value.

I'm finding some unreliable triggering and timing problems - motif 1 set to a simple metronome, pad modulated by a pattern, other modulations set up but turned down to zero depth, 'metronome' goes wonky. Can resolve it by switching off LFO's by setting them to select source, but not a solution if you want to actually route the LFOs to a modulation destination. Looking forward to the chord sequencer and hope that it will allow for rhythmic programming.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the earlier request for greater clock divisions - I'd like to see up to 32 or even 64 (I'm partial to a bit of drill & bass). Lower values would be welcome too; 0.5 and 0.25.

Finally this may be a bug or feature. If a pattern is used as an LFO and also in a motif, any modulations in the motif such as variant also effect the pattern used as an LFO.

Very much enjoying the NDLR!

Messages In This Thread
Scale, chromatic patterns and bugs - by Tim Wilson - 03-20-2019, 03:02 PM
RE: Scale, chromatic patterns and bugs - by Steve - 04-01-2019, 08:32 AM
RE: Scale, chromatic patterns and bugs - by Steve - 04-02-2019, 10:45 AM