Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pattern modulating Pattern number
(03-10-2021, 10:34 PM)jmbara Wrote: Hi

I am a new owner of NLDR and am having great fun with it.  Love the set of constraints and variables selected by the NLDR team, love the logical control layout, and the graphic design and layout of the display.  I have a question for which I did not find an answer in the manual or in this forum.

I have stored different patterns in Pattern slots 22 trough 29.  I have corresponding Rhythms stored in Rhythm slots 22 to 29.
I am trying to sequence (modulate) these pairs [Patterns, Rhythms] via a Pattern stored in slot 21.  Pattern 21 is stored as notes (fixed range 1..40, and I am using range 22..29).  Patterns 22 trough 29 are stored as Chords. Not that this should matter but my Patterns are length 16 and my Rhythms are length 32 with 16 Ties and Rests; thus it is a 16/16 combination.
I have defined LFO-2 with a rate of 48 beats, a shape of Pattern 21, 100% probability.
I have one modulator using LFO-2 as source and Motif1 Pattern as destination (with Mod Destination Value = 1)
I have another modulator using LFO-2 as source and Motif1 Rhythm as destination (with Mod Destination Value =1)

I start everything with Play All.  LFO-2 is driving Rhythm slot changes as expected but is not driving any Pattern slot changes.  The Pattern remains the same while the Rhythm is changing.

What am I doing wrong?
Can the same LFO be used twice as a Mod Source in the modulation matrix?
Alternatively, can a Pattern based LFO drive the selection Pattern slots (numbers)?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.  I realize I am stretching NLDR to also be a sequencer while it is mostly meant to be a noodler.
Hey Jmbara,
I didn't see this post until now, sorry for the delay getting back to you. I'm not sure what the issue is here. This seems like it should work. I really enjoy using this kind of meta modulation with the NDLR. I will give this a shot on my device and see if I can find any reason for it not to be working. I'll report back what I find out.
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
Pattern modulating Pattern number - by jmbara - 03-10-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Pattern modulating Pattern number - by Jesse Johannesen - 04-19-2021, 07:57 PM
RE: Pattern modulating Pattern number - by jmbara - 04-20-2021, 11:15 AM