Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max for Live, reading the settings
Attached to this message is an improved version of the CC15,16,17 sender. It's slightly more idiomatic Max, plus it allows you to configure the Channel as well as the port (DIN or USB Smile ), via a dial-based UI:

[Image: NDLR_CC_Reader_v2.png]

You must be running firmware 1.1.067 or greater for this to work.

First save the attachment, rename it to end in .amxd, drag it to your User Library or somewhere Ableton can see it. Then:

1. Add the device to a MIDI track of your choosing in Ableton
  2. Set the MIDI track's "MIDI To" to point to your NDLR Cntrl channel on a port of your choosing. 
  3. Setup a MIDI monitor somewhere to look at the returning data (I use, on a Mac, https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/)
  4. Twiddle the Port and Channel knobs to your heart's content
  5. Make sure your monitor is watching the Port and Channel you've selected
  6. Then click the three buttons in order from top-to-bottom.
  7. When you've done step 6 once, you just need to click "Send CC 17 99" to receive all the data again.
If you've done everything right, and for the sake of argument used the same settings as I did in the screen grab, you'll get something like this in your monitor:

Code:
19:23:35.708 To Port 1 Control 15 15 4
19:23:36.625 To Port 1 Control 15 16 9
19:23:38.448 To Port 1 Control 15 17 99
19:23:38.655 From Port 2 Control 9 26 0
19:23:38.655 From Port 2 Control 9 27 0
19:23:38.655 From Port 2 Control 9 57 1

Now go and lookup CC 26 in Appendix A, then CC 27, then CC 57. They seem to emerge broadly in the order that they're listed in the Appendix. You sometime have to do some difficult maths (eg adding 1) to get the "real" value. For example, my NDLR after a factory reset is set to Chord Degree 1 (26 0), Triad Type (27 0). You quite often have to look in the Beta Firmware thread and the latest released version of the manual to get the correct settings. CC 57 is a good example since there are more than the two choices that manual version 1.7 describes and the values given are incorrect.

This is going to be the basis of my NDLR Control modules, coming soon. I'll use the output of this to pre-load my interface so it reflects reality on your NDLR at the time of loading. The modules will then let you automate (or just twiddle with Ableton knobs) pretty much any of the CCs listed in Appendix A of the manual. And thereby mean that you don't need to do the boring looking up in the manual that I just described. There's some preliminary discussion of the modules in this post: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...89#pid3089

Attached Files
.txt   NDLR CC Reader v2_amxd.txt (Size: 9.13 KB / Downloads: 4)

Messages In This Thread
Max for Live, reading the settings - by robrain - 11-26-2020, 04:16 AM
RE: Max for Live, reading the settings - by robrain - 11-29-2020, 12:29 PM