Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Change Request to CC#s
(12-07-2020, 06:09 PM)The Puppeteer Wrote: Can you not use expression to effectively mute a channel?

With the deluge, if you have learnt the MIDI cc, you can press and hold the pad and put the exact value in for that step in the sequence. Put expression (or volume) of 0 to mute, put 127 to unmute.

I fumbled around with this, getting the deluge to learn CC#s, with no success. Then I got wise and simply assigned a CC# to "Custom 1" of the MIDI channel of choice. For whatever reason, I'd forgotten about "press & hold" to set specific values. It worked! So, using Custom 1-3 I've got easy access to precision NDLR control of three parts on a single deluge clip. All I have to do is to filter Note On/Off with an external processor, and I'm golden!

Thanks so much for the hint.

(12-10-2020, 12:09 PM)Darryl Wrote: My 2 cents on Pause/Play is, I prefer to start all the parts together and use the mixer to turn them up and down. It sounds a lot better (less abrupt) that way and your parts stay in sync. You can also you the All button to stop and resync parts.

I checked out that video a while back, before buying a NDLR. I get your point, though - just use direct CC addressing instead of going through the Modulation Matrix. I was hoping to use generic full-scale LFO waves, and use the Modulation Matrix to apply gain and offset to the values. But, I could just process the data externally and do direct CC control. That takes care of Request 2 then.

The "just use the mixer" idea doesn't work in my typical use case. I usually send all four parts to a multi-timbral synth. Changing levels of a single channel is not quick nor easy, and pretty much impossible to do two channels simultaneously. I'm aware that I could use the nifty MIDI CNTLR Volume page on the NDLR, but the suggestion from The Puppeteer above has got me on track to accomplish what I seek. That takes care of Request 1 then.

All my issues are solved, and nothing has to change! Excellent. Thanks to all for the ideas.

Messages In This Thread
Minor Change Request to CC#s - by House de Kris - 11-22-2020, 12:42 PM
RE: Minor Change Request to CC#s - by Darryl - 12-10-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: Minor Change Request to CC#s - by Darryl - 12-10-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Minor Change Request to CC#s - by House de Kris - 12-11-2020, 06:56 PM