Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motif 1 vs Pad conflict (SOLVED)
(09-17-2020, 11:46 AM)WaltCollinsMusic Wrote: Thanks for your replies. After further testing with MidiOx and Ableton Live VSTs, I believe you're right and this now seems to be a bug in the MPC, and not in the NDLR. When I take the MPC out of the middle, the problem disappears completely.

Sorry if the rest of this message is off topic, but... Jesse, may I ask why you traded away your MPC Live? Was it a Live 2, or the older Live? I've just got the Live 2, and I'm considering trading it away for one of the new Maschine Plus that's coming out on October 1.
As far as the MPC it was the MPC Live V1 and I accepted it as partial trade from a friend who wanted to get into eurorack, but didn't have much of a budget, so I built him a good beginners setup. It worked out great, as now we get to do modular jams (from a distance). I had big plans to make use of it, but it ended up not getting much use. I ended up selling it back to the guy I traded if from in the end.

I like the MPC but I'm really into playing modular more, so when I sit down to make music, that's what I reach for 9/10 time. I think I would have played it more if I had more pads. I was pretty close to getting a Launchpad Pro 3 to pair with it as a "keyboard", as I love playing on the push, but the 16 pads felt like too small of a range for me (in chromatic mode).
I'm always getting gear just to check "the fit" though, so I often end up with less used gear and when I want something big I just sell everything and buy it. Most of the gear keeps it's value, so I kind of think of it as my savings account, with benefits.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by WaltCollinsMusic - 09-16-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by Royce - 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-16-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by WaltCollinsMusic - 09-17-2020, 11:46 AM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-17-2020, 06:45 PM