Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motif 1 vs Pad conflict (SOLVED)
(09-16-2020, 01:39 PM)WaltCollinsMusic Wrote: I think I've resolved this issue. In my settings for the MIDI output channels for each part in the NDLR, I had originally set them up as:
  • Pad - USB 1, channel 1
  • Drone - USB 1, channel 2
  • Motif 1 - USB 1, channel 3
  • Motif 2 - USB 1, channel 4
... which is the way I've set up many other pieces of multitimbral gear in the past.

But as I watched the MIDI notes come into the MPC from the various parts on the NDLR, if a note was the same as any other part, that part's sustain would terminate immediately, i.e. the MIDI "note off" message was being received by ALL channels, not just the one that sent it. This seems like a bug to me. Shouldn't "note off" messages (and presumably other MIDI messages as well) be restricted to the MIDI channel that sent them?
Hi Walt,
I have my NDLR going into a PC and I connect Port USB 1 and separate channels to the program MidiOx.
MidiOx that routes it to a Yamaha MODX with a multi timbral setup on different channels and I don't have any of your problems.
I can see the data coming from the NDLR midi stream in MidiOx and all the note offs are on the correct channel.

Can you connect the NDLR to a PC and use MidiOx to see what is happening?

All the best
Royce

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by WaltCollinsMusic - 09-16-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by Royce - 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-16-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by WaltCollinsMusic - 09-17-2020, 11:46 AM
RE: Motif 1 vs Pad conflict - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-17-2020, 06:45 PM