Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rests for pads? call-and-response melodies?
(09-17-2021, 04:45 AM)OnMyWayHome Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:03 PM)22tape Wrote: Even though I can't always dial in what I want (probably user error), experimenting with the mod matrix in this context is a blast. Just by trying to dial it in often leads to ideas that are much better than what I was going for in the first place.

It's great fun to record NDLR into another MIDI sequencer. After building the basic song structure in NDLR, I've been setting up four super long blank patterns in the Deluge, then assigning the NDLR's 4 parts to record on those patterns. I'll first record a couple of passes of the basic song structure from NDLR, then I'll just keep recording as I noodle on the NDLR. When I'm done, I have the basic song structure recorded up top where I can copy/paste them into their own patterns, then I can cherry pick the best variations from noodling session and copy/paste them into their own patterns. Then work on a more precise arrangement from there. Deluge also has probability per note, so that's fun to add even more variation, not mention using the onboard arp.

Excellent Out of box thinking. I am hoping to do the same on my new Korg Wavestate & Send the midi into AL 11 for later manipulation via Magenta & then back into live looping on the external hardware. Early days & late nights ahead... The joy is contagious.
I've been having a blast with the ipad Wavestation app and the NDLR. It's really fun that somebody thought to add a randomize function to that synth. 
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
RE: rests for pads? call-and-response melodies? - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-19-2021, 09:01 PM