Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rests for pads? call-and-response melodies?
Hi there,
   Been getting to grips (and loving!) my NDLR and am curious to see if anyone has a solution for adding rests in the pads part when using the chord sequencer?
I started off my NDLR experience mainly doing generative style stuff but recently been getting into a more structured approach using the chord sequencer.  So at the moment the only way I can see of having say the pad part play a chord for 4 beats, then another chord for say 8 beats and then have a rest for 4 beats before repeating, is to use the pad on/off CC (or via the mod matrix).  Is that the best approach?  Bear in mind I don't want to 'mute' the other parts. Ideally adjustable gate lengths would prob work better but as I understand it that's not possible.
I'm trying to find a decent way for call and response style melodies too (say motif1 plays for 1 bar, then motif2 plays for 1bar).  Again, the mute parts are the only way of doing this I think?  Perhaps editing the patterns manually could work but then you lose the ability to vary the patterns or variants etc without messing up the interplay between the two motifs.
Anyone else got a better method?
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
rests for pads? call-and-response melodies? - by Sanjuro77 - 09-07-2020, 09:39 AM