Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck notes on Motif 1
Hi guys,
Since updating to the latest firmware, I am experiencing a stuck note on Motif 1 every time I turn it off. I’m running the four parts on four separate midi channels, three to the Elektron Analog Four and the pad part to the Korg Wavestate. The panic button works to a degree but, of course, kills the pad part as well, so is not ideal. 
As I said, this is happening without fail, every time I toggle the Motif button off. Is there anything that anyone can think of that may aid me, it would be most gratefully received.
I absolutely love my NDLR, but this is proving to be a bit of a mystery.
(06-17-2020, 07:39 AM)Chinchilla Wrote: Hi guys,
Since updating to the latest firmware, I am experiencing a stuck note on Motif 1 every time I turn it off. I’m running the four parts on four separate midi channels, three to the Elektron Analog Four and the pad part to the Korg Wavestate. The panic button works to a degree but, of course, kills the pad part as well, so is not ideal. 
As I said, this is happening without fail, every time I toggle the Motif button off. Is there anything that anyone can think of that may aid me, it would be most gratefully received.
Hello Chinchilla,
That is a mystery indeed, and frustrating, let me see if I can help you get to the bottom of it.

*First thing we need to do is get a complete picture of the midi setup. So something like this:
motif1 is on midi out port DIN B channel 1 directly into analog 4 din in
motif 2 is the same as above channel 2
etc.

*Next we can try switching the midi cables. That's an easy test to get out of the way right off the bat. It's probably not the cable, but it's good to eliminate all possibilities.

*try setting it up so that the korg is receiving the motif 1 (without changing midiout channels, just change the receiving channel on the synth) and see if the wavestate experiences the same issue.

Try these things and I'll reach out to Steve and Darryl to see if they think of anything I haven't thought of.  

Let me know how it goes,
Jesse
(06-18-2020, 06:52 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:39 AM)Chinchilla Wrote: Hi guys,
Hello Chinchilla,
That is a mystery indeed, and frustrating, let me see if I can help you get to the bottom of it.

*First thing we need to do is get a complete picture of the midi setup. So something like this:
motif1 is on midi out port DIN B channel 1 directly into analog 4 din in
motif 2 is the same as above channel 2
etc.

*Next we can try switching the midi cables. That's an easy test to get out of the way right off the bat. It's probably not the cable, but it's good to eliminate all possibilities.

*try setting it up so that the korg is receiving the motif 1 (without changing midiout channels, just change the receiving channel on the synth) and see if the wavestate experiences the same issue.

Try these things and I'll reach out to Steve and Darryl to see if they think of anything I haven't thought of.  

Let me know how it goes,
Jesse
Hi Jesse,
Thanks for your reply and apologies for my delay in getting back to you.
Oddly, the hanging note seems to be linked to internal BPM. As soon as i set it to external and clocked the NDLR from the Octatrack, everything was dandy. I get the odd stuck note on the Drone, but it ain't no biggie.
Thanks for your help.
Andy