Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send midi transpose out to multiple channels
Hello!

I have a piano that listens to all midi inputs. I haven't seen any hardware box to restrict midi channels. Would it be possible to implement a function to send transpose messages to more than one or all 16 midi channels?

Huh Heart
(01-21-2020, 03:52 AM)Fruitnut Wrote: Hello!

I have a piano that listens to all midi inputs. I haven't seen any hardware box to restrict midi channels. Would it be possible to implement a function to send transpose messages to more than one or all 16 midi channels?

Huh Heart
Hey Fruitnut, I'm the new guy, Jesse. I'm not quite sure I understand exactly what functionality you're asking to change. If you can tell me what it is you can currently do, and how, as well as what you would like it to do differently, I can look into it. If you are just after a midi filter to remove channels from your signal chain, you can do that on pc/mac with midiox, I believe.
Thanks,
Jesse
I have a piano that receives all midi channels. If more than one midi channel passes thru it results in the piano playing both the original scale/key as well as the modified scale/key and you hear two notes at the same time (dissonantly).

It seems I can limit the pianos midi received channel with midi solutions router thou.