Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR not recieving midi clock from FORCE
I have experience with midi and syncing hardware, and I tried all the logical settings, but my NDLR doesn't recognize the midi clock from akai Force.
MPC force midi clock out-----} NDLR midi din input B , clock external.

I tried usb ndlr clock out, but doubles the timing on the force.
I can't think of any reason The NDLR wouldn't recognize a MIDI clock, unless it has a weird PPQ.

The double clock rate on the Force indicates that there are two clock sources.
24 ppq.

Also, when trying to sync from Ndlr to Force via usb, I just send the clock, I don't send anything else, and i don't have more clocks coming to Force.

I cannot use NDLR right now.

and i think it's more than the xdoublde speed.
Does the Force have a USB host port that you are connecting the NDLR to? If so, then it might see clock on more than one of the NDLRs virtual USB MIDI ports. Can you select which port to receive clock on in the Force setup?
No, I can't select at which port Force recieve midi clock, it's global. I have the Ndlr conneceted directly to the usb Force usb inputs.
FWIW I am having the opposite issue - either my NDLR is not sending the MIDI clock (DIN or USB) or it is and the Force no longer recognizes it.

I have tested with these versions:
NDLR FW 1.1066 to 1.1071
Force FW 3.04 and 3.05

I have tested MIDI out settings in the NDLR boot menu with no luck as well.

I am also a beta tester for the Force and the NDLR is the only gear in my studio that does not send MIDI clock.
(10-29-2020, 04:55 AM)ZOLTN Wrote: FWIW I am having the opposite issue - either my NDLR is not sending the MIDI clock (DIN or USB) or it is and the Force no longer recognizes it.

NDLR FW 1.1066 to 1.1071
Force FW 3.04 and 3.05

I am also a beta tester for the Force and the NDLR is the only gear in my studio that does not send MIDI clock.

It shouldn't be too hard to test if the NDLR is sending clock. If you have a PC there is free software called MIDIox that will allow you to monitor incoming MIDI messages real time. You will need to open one of the NDLR ports as a MIDI device in the settings menu, then you can select the 4th icon on the menu bar (the red-barred terminal icon) to monitor incoming data in real time. The clock tics show up as "timing clock" events. If they are present they should show up there. Let me know how it goes.
Jesse
(10-29-2020, 08:38 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 04:55 AM)ZOLTN Wrote: FWIW I am having the opposite issue - either my NDLR is not sending the MIDI clock (DIN or USB) or it is and the Force no longer recognizes it.

NDLR FW 1.1066 to 1.1071
Force FW 3.04 and 3.05

It shouldn't be too hard to test if the NDLR is sending clock. If you have a PC there is free software called MIDIox that will allow you to monitor incoming MIDI messages real time. You will need to open one of the NDLR ports as a MIDI device in the settings menu, then you can select the 4th icon on the menu bar (the red-barred terminal icon) to monitor incoming data in real time. The clock tics show up as "timing clock" events. If they are present they should show up there. Let me know how it goes.
Jesse

Thanks Jesse. The Force has a MIDI monitoring feature/screen and I only see notes coming from Motif 1 and 2 of the NDLR. It seems different depending on my settings in the NDLR Boot menu.
(11-03-2020, 03:26 AM)ZOLTN Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:38 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

NDLR FW 1.1066 to 1.1071
Force FW 3.04 and 3.05

Jesse

Thanks Jesse. The Force has a MIDI monitoring feature/screen and I only see notes coming from Motif 1 and 2 of the NDLR. It seems different depending on my settings in the NDLR Boot menu.

My suggestion is to try to use another device to check if those messages are present, since the question is whether the NDLR is not outputting clock, or that the Force is not receiving it. By using MIDIox you should be able to rule the NDLR in or out as the problem in the equation.

Jesse