Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electra One MIDI Controller
Very interesting MIDI controller to give tactile control for a menu driven synthesizer with a few knobs. I think I'll get the Electra One for the Nord Drum 3p and Elektron Sidstation.
https://electra.one

But based on this hardware design I must think of some kind of concept ala NDLR XT with this touch screen and instead of the encoders below the screen the encoders placed on the sides of the screen like the original NDLR. But it could be even more extensive like below the touch screen two rows of 8 buttons for step sequencing ala Elektrons Digitakt & Digitone.

I've not seen any complete concept so far with the elements of the NDLR, Electra One and Elektron sequencers together.

Well, just swapping out some ideas Big Grin
(11-10-2019, 04:19 PM)Dr.Noize Wrote: Very interesting MIDI controller to give tactile control for a menu driven synthesizer with a few knobs. I think I'll get the Electra One for the Nord Drum 3p and Elektron Sidstation.

But based on this hardware design I must think of some kind of concept ala NDLR XT with this touch screen and instead of the encoders below the screen the encoders placed on the sides of the screen like the original NDLR. But it could be even more extensive like below the touch screen two rows of 8 buttons for step sequencing ala Elektrons Digitakt & Digitone.

I've not seen any complete concept so far with the elements of the NDLR, Electra One and Elektron sequencers together.

We actually considered going with a big screen but didn't for a couple of reasons. 1st, it just felt like using a little computer and we were going for a more vintage feel. 2nd, at the time it would have cost too much. The electra is about $100 more than NDLR, but it probably would have been more than that 2 years ago.
(11-12-2019, 08:46 PM)Darryl Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 04:19 PM)Dr.Noize Wrote: Very interesting MIDI controller to give tactile control for a menu driven synthesizer with a few knobs. I think I'll get the Electra One for the Nord Drum 3p and Elektron Sidstation.

We actually considered going with a big screen but didn't for a couple of reasons. 1st, it just felt like using a little computer and we were going for a more vintage feel. 2nd, at the time it would have cost too much. The electra is about $100 more than NDLR, but it probably would have been more than that 2 years ago.
I can understand this. Actually I had the same feeling about this. Also because I don't use the iPad for creating music in a serious way.
But since I have the Waldorf Quantum synth, the experience with a touch screen totally changed. The visual feedback makes everything so clear in relation with the encoders. See here a photo of the sequencer.      
Of course the price will be much higher but I am happy to pay for some kind of NDLR touch screen step sequencer concept. My impression is that there is quite a audience for a high end concept like this. Another example here that cost a lot more than the NDLR is the Cirklon sequencer https://www.sequentix.com/shop/cirklon-h...-sequencer
Right now if you order a Cirklon it takes 2 years so long is their waiting list.
I just got my NDLR, and I am in on the MRCC...maybe it's time to design a CL Sequencer?
The NDLR concept is brilliant but to be honest the screen is too tiny to perform with, the feel of the encoders is not solid and the buttons are not of decent quality.
But there are no alternative's so until then I accept the NDLR for what it is.