Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought on Set Key+ (using external footboard)
Im using a StudioLogic MP-113 to trigger the NDLR. It works fine, but what I've run into is a thought about how Set Key+ functions. So respectfully, if I have this correct, if I choose Set Key+, I am now forced to play two keys on the footboard to sound a note. I need to play the chord degree with one foot and the chord type with the other. It's a handful when your singing and playing guitar at the same time. I think it would be better if in set key+ to allow the NDLR to stay in the chord type that is currently selected when a chord degree is pressed. This at least allows something to sound with only one foot press.
It sounds like you should use Set Key (mode 3) rather than Set Key+ (mode 4). It will play the chord in the current chord type. If you just want to mix it up a bit, you can use Alt-1 or Alt-2 for chord type and NDLR chooses.
(05-13-2019, 01:25 PM)Darryl Wrote: It sounds like you should use Set Key (mode 3) rather than Set Key+ (mode 4). It will play the chord in the current chord type. If you just want to mix it up a bit, you can use Alt-1 or Alt-2 for chord type and NDLR chooses.

Thanks Darryl, can you talk a little more about how this is coded.. "... alt1 or alt2 chord types which will predicatively change the Chord Type". What happening under the hood with alt1 and alt2 ? I never paid them much mind until now.
(05-14-2019, 08:55 PM)diesle55 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 01:25 PM)Darryl Wrote: It sounds like you should use Set Key (mode 3) rather than Set Key+ (mode 4). It will play the chord in the current chord type. If you just want to mix it up a bit, you can use Alt-1 or Alt-2 for chord type and NDLR chooses.

Thanks Darryl, can you talk a little more about how this is coded.. "... alt1 or alt2 chord types which will predicatively change the Chord Type". What happening under the hood with alt1 and alt2 ? I never paid them much mind until now.

+1 for this - I am also very interested in an "in depth" description of the alt1 and alt2 chord types. Thanks! Smile

/Bjorn
Great question... I looked in the manual and it is not in there! OOOPS :-) So I added it to the Manual ver 1.5.
BTW you don't need to remember this cause The NDLR shows the Chord Type for alt1/2 next to the Chord Degree and Chord Name, look under the 'alt-1' or 'alt-2' labels.

alt1 & alt2 have fixed Chord Types as follows.
alt1: I=triad, II=7th, III=triad, IV=triad, V=7th, VI=7th, and VII=6th
alt1: I=7th, II=7th, III=triad, IV=7th, V=7th, VI=6th, and VII=7th

Steve