Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR with Subharmonicon?
I’m trying to imaging how these two play together.  I have Mother 64, hydrasynth, and microfreak.  Wondering how the SubH would respond to NDLR.  

Thanks!
(08-12-2020, 04:49 PM)freedream27 Wrote: I’m trying to imaging how these two play together.  I have Mother 64, hydrasynth, and microfreak.  Wondering how the SubH would respond to NDLR.  

Thanks!
Hey, just got a subharmonicon last week. They do not play well together.
My thought was to place the subharmonicon in the drone spot but every time I engage the drone from the NDLR the sequencer on the subharmonicon turns on.
To make matters worse the drone will not follow notes it just plays the sub H sequence, and yes I checked the root/chord portion of the drone screen.
Turning off the sequencer manually kills the sound. Same happens in all 4 NDLR parts, although the motifs work but you have to turn off the sub H sequencer manually. Funny thing I can't get the sub H to turn on its sequencer by sending any of the CC's that turn on the NDLR parts. The Moog manual says that a sysex command has to be downloaded to turn on the subharmonicon sequencer remotely. I have yet to do this but I can't see it making much diff to its reaction with the NDLR. Now I'm worried about getting a Mother 32 because the same might happen with its arpeggiator. 
Hope this helps.

(08-12-2020, 04:49 PM)freedream27 Wrote: I’m trying to imaging how these two play together.  I have Mother 64, hydrasynth, and microfreak.  Wondering how the SubH would respond to NDLR.  

Thanks!
Hey, just got a subharmonicon last week. They do not play well together.
My thought was to place the subharmonicon in the drone spot but every time I engage the drone from the NDLR the sequencer on the subharmonicon turns on.
To make matters worse the drone will not follow notes it just plays the sub H sequence, and yes I checked the root/chord portion of the drone screen.
Turning off the sequencer manually kills the sound. Same happens in all 4 NDLR parts, although the motifs work but you have to turn off the sub H sequencer manually. Funny thing I can't get the sub H to turn on its sequencer by sending any of the CC's that turn on the NDLR parts. The Moog manual says that a sysex command has to be downloaded to turn on the subharmonicon sequencer remotely. I have yet to do this but I can't see it making much diff to its reaction with the NDLR. Now I'm worried about getting a Mother 32 because the same might happen with its arpeggiator. 
Hope this helps.
Well I spoke too soon. I did the download on the Subharmonicon, turned off the transport, and now it works like a charm. In the drone spot it is very nice. The range of SubH works nicely with the different octaves. Being mono you can't use the NDLR 's 5th, octave settings but the SubH kinda does that anyway. Nice bonus is turning on the SubH sequencer with a footswitch (cv/gate).