Conductive Labs Support Forum
1U rack mount unit? - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 1U rack mount unit? (/showthread.php?tid=980)

1U rack mount unit? - endreola - 06-14-2020

Any plans of releasing a 1u rack mountable version?  Slimline, ideally where all connectors are mounted on rear panel?

RE: 1U rack mount unit? - Jesse Johannesen - 06-15-2020

(06-14-2020, 08:15 PM)endreola Wrote: Any plans of releasing a 1u rack mountable version?  Slimline, ideally where all connectors are mounted on rear panel?
At this point the plan is to make the device rack mountable as is, with rack ears, however a 1u rack version does sound pretty nice though. Good suggestion, I'll pass it along and who knows? Maybe someday.
Jesse

RE: 1U rack mount unit? - kastenbalg - 08-11-2020

(06-15-2020, 11:42 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 08:15 PM)endreola Wrote: Any plans of releasing a 1u rack mountable version?  Slimline, ideally where all connectors are mounted on rear panel?
At this point the plan is to make the device rack mountable as is, with rack ears, however a 1u rack version does sound pretty nice though. Good suggestion, I'll pass it along and who knows? Maybe someday.
Jesse

Is it possible to attach rack ears to the existing devices?

RE: 1U rack mount unit? - Jesse Johannesen - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 05:46 AM)kastenbalg Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 11:42 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
Jesse

Is it possible to attach rack ears to the existing devices?
Yes, I believe that is the plan.

RE: 1U rack mount unit? - leverkusen - 12-07-2020

I just found the rack ears on the preorder site. It seems that one of them has a cut-out where it would be possible to route all the cables back into the rack. Though I would prefer to do so on the other side to have them not covering the screen. Will it be possible to just swap the rack ears?

EDIT: Ah, stupid me - there sits the power switch and some more connectors...that's a pity.

RE: 1U rack mount unit? - Darryl - 12-07-2020

You could flip the whole thing around, but its really designed so you can see everything; button, LED, port and display to make it easier to know what is going where. You can route cables through that opening in the rack ear, or leave a gap in the rack above MRCC to route cables. There are 1U plates with dust covers that would be useful for over the top cable routing if you don't want an open hole.