Conductive Labs Support Forum
USB Keyboard not working - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: USB Keyboard not working (/showthread.php?tid=2060)

USB Keyboard not working - dontgodcj - 11-28-2022

Hello. I purchased a cheap USB keyboard just to edit labels because I can't remember my routing schemes. However, it doesn't work. It's brand new. I test on my Macbook and it worked without setup even though it's a PC keyboard. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WJ5D3H4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

When I plug it in the MRCC lights up green at the port, but turning on caps lock doesn't light up the caps lock on the top right of the keyboard. So it's seems it's not even powering it on or recognizing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: USB Keyboard not working - oldgearguy - 11-29-2022

Not all USB keyboards are the same. What I did was unplug various keyboards from my computers until I found one that worked. Ideally people would post a list of keyboards that worked so if you had to buy one, you might have more success.

RE: USB Keyboard not working - dontgodcj - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 11:38 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: Not all USB keyboards are the same. What I did was unplug various keyboards from my computers until I found one that worked. Ideally people would post a list of keyboards that worked so if you had to buy one, you might have more success.

Such a shame since you're made to believe any USB keyboard would work? Would love to know what would actually work so that I can buy that and return this one.

RE: USB Keyboard not working - Dark Waves - 11-29-2022

An old Dell wired USB keyboard did not work for me, but this also old, wireless USB Microsoft keyboard did work: https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Keyboard-800-2VJ-00001/dp/B004JO16KG/

RE: USB Keyboard not working - Jesse Johannesen - 12-01-2022

Hey, sorry about your setback. In theory most USB keyboards should work, but it's really impossible to confirm since we don't own more than a handful of keyboards. This is one of those situations where we got case of "wouldn't it be cool if it did this?!" and just added a little function just for fun, and it's almost like it's a fundamental law that any addition to a product no matter how cool, will inevitably be a disappointment for someone else. In this case we can't test all keyboards so it cost you your time and money (at least until you get a chance to return it). Hopefully that functionality provides you with a little relief once you do get it going, and hopefully that won't take to long to get there. My recommendation is to hit up a thrift store, where you can usually find keyboards for not much more than a dollar used. The simpler in terms of features the better.

RE: USB Keyboard not working - Pipmeister - 10-17-2023

(12-01-2022, 05:35 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hey, sorry about your setback. In theory most USB keyboards should work, but it's really impossible to confirm since we don't own more than a handful of keyboards. This is one of those situations where we got case of "wouldn't it be cool if it did this?!" and just added a little function just for fun, and it's almost like it's a fundamental law that any addition to a product no matter how cool, will inevitably be a disappointment for someone else. In this case we can't test all keyboards so it cost you your time and money (at least until you get a chance to return it). Hopefully that functionality provides you with a little relief once you do get it going, and hopefully that won't take to long to get there. My recommendation is to hit up a thrift store, where you can usually find keyboards for not much more than a dollar used. The simpler in terms of features the better.

After 3 attempts with 3 keyboards I found an old Mac keyboard that worked... Hurrah!  Spend next 15 minutes of gleefully typing in around 20 pieces of gear - each time following the instructions... start with NONE, backspace 4 times, type gear name, down to and hit SAVE, then scroll up to the Label list, scroll back to find NONE again and repeat the process.   But then, doing a full scroll through of all the gear (which is does alphabetically) it stops at the letter J!!!  Where's my TD3, TG77, my TG33, my Triton, my TR8S, my MKS80, my Nord 2, my Pold D, my System 8 my MonoPoly, my Solina, my VC340 and even my NDLR -(which it had previously picked up by virtue of it being directly plugged into the Mac) ??????  

Is there a limit of just 21 Lable slots available?

RE: USB Keyboard not working - Pipmeister - 10-17-2023

(10-17-2023, 06:48 AM)Pipmeister Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 05:35 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hey, sorry about your setback. In theory most USB keyboards should work, but it's really impossible to confirm since we don't own more than a handful of keyboards. This is one of those situations where we got case of "wouldn't it be cool if it did this?!" and just added a little function just for fun, and it's almost like it's a fundamental law that any addition to a product no matter how cool, will inevitably be a disappointment for someone else. In this case we can't test all keyboards so it cost you your time and money (at least until you get a chance to return it). Hopefully that functionality provides you with a little relief once you do get it going, and hopefully that won't take to long to get there. My recommendation is to hit up a thrift store, where you can usually find keyboards for not much more than a dollar used. The simpler in terms of features the better.

After 3 attempts with 3 keyboards I found an old Mac keyboard that worked... Hurrah!  Spend next 15 minutes of gleefully typing in around 20 pieces of gear - each time following the instructions... start with NONE, backspace 4 times, type gear name, down to and hit SAVE, then scroll up to the Label list, scroll back to find NONE again and repeat the process.   But then, doing a full scroll through of all the gear (which is does alphabetically) it stops at the letter J!!!  Where's my TD3, TG77, my TG33, my Triton, my TR8S, my MKS80, my Nord 2, my Pold D, my System 8 my MonoPoly, my Solina, my VC340 and even my NDLR -(which it had previously picked up by virtue of it being directly plugged into the Mac) ??????  

Is there a limit of just 21 Lable slots available?

UPDATE:  Turned the MRCC off and on again..... and now it displays up to the letter M!!!!  What is going on?

UPDATE 2: Decided to re-add a Label that was missing.... and voila... when I scroll to find it isn't there.... but now.... 4 of the previously entered/save Labels that had disappeared (in the M's and N's including the NDLR) have now reappeared....

I am so lost with this. This reminds me of back in the day, trying to program Yamaha's flagship sampler, the TX16W - probably the worst developed/tested software of all time that ruined the sales potential of what was, back then, probably the best sounding and feature rich sampler on the market.