Conductive Labs Support Forum
Saving presets fails - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Saving presets fails (/showthread.php?tid=2039)

Saving presets fails - radzmar - 10-23-2022

I've got my MRCC recently and used hours of configuring labels and the correct routing between USB and 5 DIN ports over the R7 modul. But I'm facing the problem that saving over an existing presets sometimes don't work. It say "User 1 saved" but in the same turn the preset name itself turns from green to red. It also doesn't help to save to another preset slot. All become red and when turning off and on all my work are gone. What a PITA!!! I already replaced the microSD but that doesn't help. FW is 1.1.052, so it's up to date. Any ideas?

RE: Saving presets fails - Jesse Johannesen - 10-23-2022

Hey I'm sorry to hear your're running into this issue. We've seen this one from some other users, but we haven't been able to recreate the issue on our end so we're having a hard time discovering the cause of the problem. The more info we can get on the setup you're using the better our chances of getting to the bottom of it. It may well come down to a specific routing or something that is the culprit, but we just don't really know. One other user mentioned that they haven't had this issue since they stopped MIDI traffic (like stopping the sequencer) when saving, but that may or may not be a coincidence.

For anyone who is experiencing this issue, if you could send me a list of the connections you are routing in the save slots that are disappearing I could try and recreate them on my end and save and see if I can work it out. Please send any of this info to Support@conductivelabs.com.

RE: Saving presets fails - User - 10-24-2022

If it's content-related issue, I'm using about 3 incoming midi ports (two Midi and one TRSS), 4 usb inputs and about 6 midi outputs (including two trss). Additionally I use some modifiers like Channel ,Layer and CC. Last week I have updated one routing and save config in two separated config files (just to backup, because it happen often). Next day when I open config, none of them was working (red). While one could be affected by card problem, one of two records are strange. Maybe this is trace? To try save in two locations one by one?
No ARP used, no velocity mod, no transpose, no alter, no note map,
No internal clock
No USB PC connected

RE: Saving presets fails - Stratblue - 10-28-2022

(10-23-2022, 06:57 AM)radzmar Wrote: I've got my MRCC recently and used hours of configuring labels and the correct routing between USB and 5 DIN ports over the R7 modul. But I'm facing the problem that saving over an existing presets sometimes don't work. It say "User 1 saved" but in the same turn the preset name itself turns from green to red. It also doesn't help to save to another preset slot. All become red and when turning off and on all my work are gone. What a PITA!!! I already replaced the microSD but that doesn't help. FW is 1.1.052, so it's up to date. Any ideas?

I feel your pain.

https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1821

RE: Saving presets fails - Jesse Johannesen - 11-02-2022

OK, good news! I was able to get this issue reproduced reliably on our end! This means we should be able to solve the issue. I'll keep you all posted and thank you to everyone who submitted data to help on this one. I may tap some of you to test it once we get a fix.

Steve says we should have is squashed by the end of the week.

RE: Saving presets fails - User - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 05:07 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: OK, good news! I was able to get this issue reproduced reliably on our end! This means we should be able to solve the issue. I'll keep you all posted and thank you to everyone who submitted data to help on this one. I may tap some of you to test it once we get a fix.

Steve says we should have is squashed by the end of the week.

Great news!

RE: Saving presets fails - Jesse Johannesen - 12-04-2022

Hey, Steve found the issue and got it fixed, send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com with Test FW in the subject line and I'll send it to you to test for me. According to other users feedback so far, it seems to be working as expected.

RE: Saving presets fails - Darryl - 12-20-2022

(12-04-2022, 04:41 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hey, Steve found the issue and got it fixed, send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com with Test FW in the subject line and I'll send it to you to test for me. According to other users feedback so far, it seems to be working as expected.

The 1.1.068 beta firmware is now posted in the MRCC Open Beta Firmware Forum. It includes a fix for this issue, and many other improvements.